Lost Dutchman Loop

Lost Dutchman Loop is a 8.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, AZ that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I never saw another person on this trail

Beautiful hoohoos, mountain tructures, plant life and views from this trail. definitely not one of the hardest I've done but probably could be a little challenging for beginners. Took me about 4 hours to really do a little of all the trails there and ended leaving around 1 when it was 106 degrees. I recommend going early in the morning considering its summer,grab one of their trail maps from the front which were very helpful and bring more water than you think you should. I went through 3 liters. Bring sugary salty snacks becsuse you may get a little weak fron the sun. I would definitely do this hike again and honestly the history behind this State Park is quite interesting too!

Nice place to run!

Great hike!

Good views . Nothing challenging. Get to look at the Praying Hands close up

Fun for the family. Nothing challenging but some good views at top. We've done it multiple times

It was a very enjoyable trail. We took our 7 & 9 year old daughters along. Beautiful views

It was a beautiful day and the trail was challenging but definitely worth the awesome scenery. However, this is a 9.5 mile loop from First Water trailhead to Black Mesa trail and return on Lost Dutchman Trail. Great hike!

Starts off very easy, but becomes more challenging after about the halfway point. The steep incline of rocks makes it even more challenging if wet/rainy out. Lots of plant life and beautiful views. One of the volunteers working out there said that they don't recommend the upper section for dogs, but ours were fine. Would recommend checking it out! There was a $7 fee to enter.

This hike was a little more challenging then I thought it was going to be! Nice incline = nice workout! Great views from the top. I love that shortly after leaving the car you feel like you are far from any population. We only saw one other group of hikers out in the distance. Not a lot of shade but we went in the evening during summer and had a cool breeze during parts. There was a fee to park.

Beautiful spring loop trail with great views of the valley. Hiked on April 1st, lots of wildflowers blooming, with kids (7 & 9 y.o.) and enjoyed the beautiful day!

This was a long hike for my 7 year old but she was a trooper and completed. A little climbing but that made it more fun for my kids. A nice work out with a beautiful view a the end.

just beautiful and hard lots of over growth brush. this time of the year lots of water as there is still snow on the mountain. and it is melting. I got a lot of cuts from the brush but it was worth it, just beautiful