Lost Dutchman Loop

Lost Dutchman Loop is a 8.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I never saw another person on this trail

Absolutely amazing hike 30 minute mile it took us 5 hours

Good training trail. I did the loop (actually 3 different trails) clockwise. It was great but I think the views would be better the reverse way.

I ♡ this place, I enjoy the scenery more than anything out there! Also the history and stories are great! My friend and I and my fat little pom pom went up there on a fall afternoon, it was def still hot and I regret taking my lil fluffy dog, mostly ended up carrying him the whole way and dumping all our water on him to keep him cool, but we brought enough and snacks and it was a perfect time! The best was we did not see any other people, trail to ourselves! The start of the trail is flat, easy and I thought a bit boring just walking through the desert, but once you get up to the mountain and the big rocks, that's where I got excited! My little dog is now RIP but I have gotten a new big dog now with a light coat of hair and he is young and active, we are for sure going back this winter! :)

Beautiful hoohoos, mountain tructures, plant life and views from this trail. definitely not one of the hardest I've done but probably could be a little challenging for beginners. Took me about 4 hours to really do a little of all the trails there and ended leaving around 1 when it was 106 degrees. I recommend going early in the morning considering its summer,grab one of their trail maps from the front which were very helpful and bring more water than you think you should. I went through 3 liters. Bring sugary salty snacks becsuse you may get a little weak fron the sun. I would definitely do this hike again and honestly the history behind this State Park is quite interesting too!

Nice place to run!

Great hike!

Good views . Nothing challenging. Get to look at the Praying Hands close up

Fun for the family. Nothing challenging but some good views at top. We've done it multiple times

It was a very enjoyable trail. We took our 7 & 9 year old daughters along. Beautiful views

It was a beautiful day and the trail was challenging but definitely worth the awesome scenery. However, this is a 9.5 mile loop from First Water trailhead to Black Mesa trail and return on Lost Dutchman Trail. Great hike!