Lookout Mountain Summit Trail

Lookout Mountain Summit Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

i did the summit hike, it is a little steep and once you get closer to the summit i found it hard to see the trail. i had to stop and let someone go ahead of me so i knew where to go. overall easy hike with a great view. convenient because i live 5 minutes away as well!
definitely try it out!

beautiful
little tough with my Yorkie

Easy breezy. Literally. Quick sunset hike, great views, fairly quiet trail. 16th St, south of Greenway Parkway. Get it.

Great and easy trail for a quick view at the summit. Trail is marked well till you get towards top. People have created lots of trails so choosing the right one can be difficult. Just keep going up and you will reach the summit!

This hike is a must for any locals. It is centered in the North Phoenix area, far less crowded than Camelback, Piestawa, or North Mountain, and lots of routes to choose from. The Summit Trail, which I approach from the Lookout Mountain Park, located on 18th st., is the perfect starting point for the summit. The summit is a little steep and challenging to get to, but the views are worth it. Try to tag the Western summit while you're at it, a Class-3 climb, but not too hard. Been coming here since I was a kid. Fun hike.

This is a short steep hike. Super fast but with a great view. There is less traffic here than other valley hikes so you can get a bit of solitude.

Nice shorter hike close to home.

This hike is not as crowded as camelback or piestewa, yet has many similar elements.

One of my favorite hikes in Phoenix.

My old roommate hated this hike. Short and steep. Fun place to rock climb on the west side.

Rocky path so watch your step. The incline is a good, short, hard hike. But worth the views at the top.

Nice little challenge. Not too long. Just watch your footing with the loose rock. There is an arrow for the official trail, but it blended in and we missed it. Our way was a little more challenging, but made for a fun adventure! Beautiful panoramic views!

If you like to climb for a short period of time. An hour or less. This mountain is for you. Loose rock everywhere at the beginning. Watch your footing. Otherwise it's a quick hike/climb in the valley.

Okay for a quick city hike that gives you some elevation gain. Mostly paved

Great for pets and kids.

Steady incline which makes this a moderate trail in my opinion. Careful going down as rocks are slippery.

This is a North Phoenix landmark which I have viewed many times while driving past, but never hiked! I made a short day of it, and from other reviews, I obviously missed a lot. I did only about two miles, including a quick trip to the first summit past parking. That is a short hike of only about one half mile to the top. The trail up gets quite steep, and there is a lot of loose rock making the footing tricky, if not downright dangerous! Of course, I was babying my new camera, so I wasn't watching as closely as I should have. To reach the top is a rock scramble that might even qualify as a rock climb, which is still manageable. I will be going back to see what I missed!