Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

20 minutes ago

This is a great trail if you want to do a quick hike and be on your merry way. It's an easy trail but you can add some challenge by incorporating the summit trail or taking some of the alternate paths that have some incline. Parking is limited at the trailhead and there are no restrooms.

I

Decent trail, make sure to wear correct hiking shoes

I'm learning more and more as I hike the trails of Phoenix that what is considered easy is not so much. I agree with a lot of the reviews here that the trail 308 is not easy to follow. There were a few times the trail post and arrows had what appeared to be more than one option. Thankfully I chose the right ones. I was out on a Thursday afternoon between 2-3, and I was alone. Alone as in by myself and no other hikers around. Several parts of the trail were enough that I'm glad I didn't twist an ankle or fall and hurt myself as I would have been on the evening news for a rescue. AllTrails says 2.2 but my tracker said 3 miles and I was out just under an hour. Beautiful, breathtaking views. Not a trail I'll do again unless with a friend. Too isolating to risk injury. Also not a casual day hike for those who are just average hikers.

It's an easy trail to finish. Combine with the summit and it's a great workout

I love this trail. Did it for years and moved further away. Went back today to do the circumference as well as the summit. It is a combination of easy and moderate difficult. I will return again soon.

Nice morning hike - did circumference trail. Not real busy, so I'll definitely do it again! Going to do the summit next time.

The one thing I didn't like about the circumference trail is that the "official" loop trail was difficult to stay on. I turned around halfway because I hit a fork in the trail and couldn't figure out which of the 3 paths in front of me I should take. Overall it was a good time with my dog, just wish it was marked better!

hey, that's pretty good

Easy hike in a nice park. Add in the summit trail for a better outing.