Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this mountain. So convenient to get a run in before or after work. Great set of trails depending on how long you want to go too.

Love this mountain.. Can do easy or moderate or hard. A great workout, do all the peaks or a more relaxed walk around the circumference. I do different trails every time I go, so I never get bored. Trails do have a lot of rocks, but just enjoy walking around the park. Average 2.5 - 4 miles each time dependent on if I go up or around. Usually an hour.

Nice short hike. Very easy and nice for a date activity!

Good, easy inner city hike. I like to climb to the top of the summit first, then run down and around the circumference. This is a great short hike to do for exercise purposes, especially before work since it's so quick and easy.

Good easy hike if you don't want the steepness and scrambling. Takes you around the base of all 5 peaks and still gives you a good workout and good view.

This is really nice if you only have an hour to spend. Plus the views are really incredible!

Depending on the book or app you use this trail is 2-4 miles long. There are lots of little trails and at some points it is hard to know for sure that you are on the official trail. My fitness tracker logged about 2.5 miles. (The elevation gain if you are on the circumference trail is definitely NOT 800 feet as Alltrails is listing... I think the books I have are more accurate. One says 400 and the other says 500. Those both seem more plausible because there is a bit of uphill but not that much.)

Beautiful views. Impossible to get lost!!

The trail straight to the top was very difficult for me (not in shape at all) so we decided to go around the circumference. Still had beautiful views - can even faintly see the downtown skyline. I took my 2 year old dog and she did great. The trails have lots of loose rock in places, but overall it was enjoyable and easy.

Easy hike with good views. Well marked trails.

Good

Nice moderate hike. Summit trail gave a little challenge. Be sure to look for the arrow to the top. It was easy to miss. Beautiful panoramic views.

Fun Christmas Day hike with the kids. Several different trails to follow to "mix it up".

Easy steady trail. Review below was wrong trail!

Steady incline which makes the trail moderate in my opinion. Rocks were slippery going downhill.