Linda Vista Loop Trail

Linda Vista Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Rugged Mountain Views, view of city This is a great moderate hike, that captures great desert landscape and rugged mountain views. From the trail head, hike east up the obvious path towards Pusch Peak. The trail will lead you up and along a small canyon,l which will be on your left. This hike ends once you are at the base of a 250-300 foot peak. There is a small trail that will lead you to the top of this peak, if your ready for the up hill push! It makes for a great city view. You will notice a few side trails along the way, however if you stay on the east to west trail, you will be right on. Ample parking is available off Oracle and Linda Vista. The walk up the trail is easy to moderate, with lots of rock steps to climb over. The second half of the trail is downhill, with more rock steps. This is a good hike to do if you only have an hour or so. Plan to do this loop in the morning during the summertime. That way you will be in the shade of Pusch Ridge above. The trail offers beautiful views both up the trail, looking at Pusch Ridge, and down the trail, looking at Oro Valley. Lots of birds are seen throughout the area.

If you only have an hour to hike before sunset, this is the perfect place! The full loop takes about an hour and you can get some great sunset pictures.

Took less than an hour to circumnavigate snd I would rate it as easy. One barely feels like one is getting away from the city, but there are some nice views and cool desert flora and vegetation. When I hike it again, there is apparently a side trail by the southeastern point of the loop that makes the hike a couple of miles longer and also gives access to an optional steep climb up a dry waterfall. There was a sign that stated that beyond this point it is not a forest service maintained trail. That will be my route next time.

Nice hike if you only have an hour. It took me a little less to do the loop. Did not see anyone else. I agree this trail is somewhat less than moderate but the steps (I took the left path) will have you doing good cardio fairly quickly.

Beautiful scenery… The desert was lush and green and the path was a little rocky but not bad. It took me about an hour and 10 minutes to do the loop. Saw a few joggers but most people were just hiking. I would have rated this as an easy hike, not moderate. Great for beginners.

Great trail, really beautiful scenery. The trail is well kept, easy and fun to hike.

perfect height for a beginner like myself was not in very good shape

perfect height for the beginner who's
not in very good shape

Very easy loop, well maintained, not too rocky, nice views.
You can extend the hike by taking small trail at the sign at the top of the loop. This trail is very rocky and steep with big elevation gains.

There were great views of the mountain, and I enjoyed hearing the wind and birds...a nice workout and peaceful trail....I didnt see any other people yesterday.

Not especially difficult, but still a good workout. It's actually split down the middle so there's two sides to choose from. The left side (when facing the mountain) is more difficult but it's got much better views.

Moderately easy trail with some elevation. Nice views of the valley. Kind of an urban walk. I really took my time andI did it in 1.5 hours taking the long route.

Great views

The loop is a nice easy 2.5 mile hike that can be done with small kids. I took my 7 and 4 yr olds no problem. Its pretty with a little elevation, some birds, and lots of desert plants.

Did this trail today. Really nice trail with good views. It took me about 2 hours to do the whole loop with a snack break and taking my time. Its a pretty good workout for someone just starting out like me. There is a nice little parking lot and a trail map at the trailhead with additional parking along the road if needed.

I got to the metal sign at the top of the loop that marks the trail up the peak and decided I wasn't quite ready for that part yet. A gentleman came by and told me he did that part awhile back and it was pretty brutal and at least a half day hike. I'll go back and take a shot at it but not 'til I'm in better shape.

This trail is right off Oracle at Linda Vista with the trailhead just a few hundred ft. after you turn. I'll edit this review when I tackle the trail up the peak.