Kent Spring Trail 156

Kent Spring Trail 156 is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sonoita, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Directions from Tucson: Leave Interstate 19 at the Continental Road/Madera Canyon Exit #63. Turn east and follow signs to Bog Springs Campground in Madera Canyon Recreation Area. Turn left into the campground and drive around the loop to the trail parking area. The trail follows an old roadbed past campsite # 13.

Great views- perfect distance for a good workout with mod elevation gain.

Amazing green trail! The trek blew me away. Fairly moderate hike. Trekking poles in some areas are nice going down hill. Overall the trail was well maintained. The trail was so lush! Totally forgot I was in AZ! Some much wildlife! It is truly an ornithologists dream hike! The water in the streams are also super crystal clear! I even dared a handful of water from a flowing pool! Highly recommended

It's early November- my family and I just finished the trail. It's challenging for littles, going uphill from Kent Springs to Bog Springs, but overall was a pretty easy trek. A portion of the trail followed a running creek. We spotted 4 white tail deer along the way!

My husband and I hiked this whole loop trail (Bog Spring + Kent Spring) yesterday. Moderately challenging, but not too long if you don't want to spend the whole day. Lovely, unexpectedly lush vegetation-- very easy to forget that you are in Arizona! I'm sure a botanist would love this hike... Plus, this was a great trail for wildlife viewing-- we saw tons of birds, and best of all, a momma black bear and her two cubs! (That was the first either of us had seen bears in the wild, so we were just thrilled!) They were 1/4 to 1/2 a mile off the trail, just after the end of the Bog Spring section. Unfortunately, it was too far off for us to get a photo. But overall, a lovely hike!

it was a bit of straight down hill but it wasn't bad too loop around with Bog Spring trail. There was a lot of mosquitoes bugging me along the trail.