Kendrick Mountain Southside Trail

Kendrick Mountain Southside Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Flagstaff, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until September.

Directions from Flagstaff: Take Hwy. 180 North to FR 193, about 10 miles north of the turnoff to the Arizona Snow Bowl; turn left on FR 193 and continue to FR 171. Turn right on FR 171 and go 2 miles to FR 190; turn right on FR 190 and go 1 mile to the parking area.

I'm sorry Hoang, I misspelled your name.

just did the trail today, and it was GORGEOUS!!! Thanks to Huong, I was able to calculate the time accordingly, thank you.

The trail is much longer than 7 miles, i think it's about 11 miles round trip. Trail is well maintained and easy to follow. It's not rocky or steep like the elden lookout trail. It is windy up top. The view is beautiful, you can see all the area around when you get to the cabin. And you may have to drive through the dirt road to get to the trailhead. This is my first unexpected long trail, but i still manage to finish it in less than 6 hours. Cheers!

Great hike our devices said it was about 10-11 miles round trip . Counted only 24 people on trail and only 12 that went all the way up to lookout.

Beautiful hike that was way less crowded than Humphrey's Peak, but still had pretty great views. We added this hike into our plans pretty last minute after we finished the Lava River Cave and were not ready to set up camp. It is longer than 7 miles for sure, but the trail itself is pretty mild--less rocks and difficult sections than you would expect for a peak this high. It is much easier on the knees on the way down than Humphrey's Peak. Since it is located in the forest, it was very easy to find a good place to camp 10 minutes away from the trailhead, although the area surrounding the parking lot is closed to camping.

I've done this 3 times and it never gets old. Good trail with amazing views as you climb. The cabin is always cool to check out and sign in. It is about 9 miles all the way to the tower.

The round trip distance from the trailhead to the look out tower is more like 9.3 mi. Nice smooth trail which allows for trotting every so often. Great views!! Cabin and look out tower are worth the trip.

My favorite hike in Flagstaff hands down! So beautiful! The views are spectacular especially of the peaks. I wouldn't call it easy though because you are gradually going up the whole time.

Awesome Trail that showcases views of the San Francisco Peaks back to east & the fire damage from 2000. Highlights were the Fire Watch Tower & cabin circa 1912 near the summit. Entirely smooth & runnable trail! Seth, can you send that loop info to rundavejames@yahoo.com. We were looking at Pumpkin to make a longer loop. Thank you.

The roads getting to the trailhead are so washed out from all the monsoons we've had this summer. A 4x4 is HIGHLY recommended, Otherwise, it may be a 4 mile additional trek on foot to the trailhead. Destination to trailhead is 90A.

Beautiful hike. My girlfriend & I completed it in 4 hours. Moderate difficulty only because there aren't really any steep gains until you climb to Kendrick Lookout. But gaining 2600' is no small feat. Really enjoyed the breeze at the top. Great views all around.

I hiked this trail with my son Ron while we were visiting my other son Bob, who was working. The trail was moderate and the 8 mile RT to the top took us about 5 hours. We lingered for a long time at different view points. We saw a coyote on the trail, it didn't even give us any notice. The views of the SanFranciscos were great once we got to the top. We have nothing to compare to 10,400 foot mountains back in Rhode Island..out highest point is Jerimoth Hill at 812 foot, quite a difference! Nice hike, the "old man" made it.