Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop Trail

Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was harder than I anticipated. The Ridgeline section was a great workout- next time I'll start with that and finish with the easier Javelina part!

This has been my go-to trail for years. It's a decent work out. I appreciate that the majority of the uphill climb is at the beginning of the hike, and the easier, prettier part of the trail falls on the back half. It's good for dogs, but the trail has more mountain bikers than most Valley trails, so it's a good idea to keep your dog well in check. We started at 5 AM, and the trail was quite busy by six. Go early!

Fun easy trail . . .

I've been on this trail many times with my dog and it's fun and gives us both a good workout.

Good

I love this loop. It's perfect for an hour-and-a-half to two-hour relaxed hike. The ups and downs on the ridge line are a great little cardio workout but short enough that it's not going to kill the relaxed hiker. The views of Phoenix, Tempe, and Ahwatukee are amazing.

ridgeline is great for a workout jog the uphills

Really nice hike. Was busy but that didn't bother us.

Nice view of the city yet quiet. Fairly busy on nice days.

Great path for tail running

Today I wound up on Javelina-Ridgeline without really intending it. I was only looking for Javelina, but just when Javelina started to get a little bit difficult near the first false summit, I landed on Ridgeline, and found it even more difficult! Both are manageable, but the climbs to the Ridgeline peaks almost approach Camelback in difficulty. The views from the top are fantastic, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, and even Four Peaks. I cut the trip a little bit short by ducking down some side trails and down a wash on the mountainside to get back to Javelina. Not sure how far Ridgeline goes, but I saw enough. Beautiful!

I really enjoy this loop. Enough up and downs to get a workout. Some loose rocks can make for tricky downhill stretches. I am almost 70 and completed the loop in just over 2hrs. You can see for miles and miles!

I really liked this hike. Very good fitness hike if you moved quickly. I'd like to come back and run it next time. Lots of ups and downs, a little steep at points. A good trail overall.