Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop Trail

Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Javelina-Beverly Canyon Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went up with kids on the Ridgeline Trail. Moderate difficulty. Great views! About half way on Ridgeline, switched over to the Beverly Canyon Trail and turned back around. BC was much less hilly. Total about 2.5 miles. Would definitely do again.

Good hike. Took our dog and two children (ages 7 and 2) our two year old made it almost the entire hike. We ended up doing the Javelina side and not Beverly because people there said Beverly would be tough with the kids.

Not sure if the trail I take is the same as others, but I enter the trail on the north side of the trailhead (Beverly Canyon) and exit on the south side (Javelina Canyon). I would call the Ridgeline part moderate and not easy, but I'm splitting hairs. IMO starting on the Beverly side has the harder parts occurring on the first half, so once I get to the Javelina trail it feels like a cakewalk by comparison

This trail was harder than I anticipated. The Ridgeline section was a great workout- next time I'll start with that and finish with the easier Javelina part!

This has been my go-to trail for years. It's a decent work out. I appreciate that the majority of the uphill climb is at the beginning of the hike, and the easier, prettier part of the trail falls on the back half. It's good for dogs, but the trail has more mountain bikers than most Valley trails, so it's a good idea to keep your dog well in check. We started at 5 AM, and the trail was quite busy by six. Go early!

Fun easy trail . . .

I've been on this trail many times with my dog and it's fun and gives us both a good workout.

Good

I love this loop. It's perfect for an hour-and-a-half to two-hour relaxed hike. The ups and downs on the ridge line are a great little cardio workout but short enough that it's not going to kill the relaxed hiker. The views of Phoenix, Tempe, and Ahwatukee are amazing.

ridgeline is great for a workout jog the uphills

Really nice hike. Was busy but that didn't bother us.

Nice view of the city yet quiet. Fairly busy on nice days.

Great path for tail running