Iron King Trail

Iron King Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Prescott Valley, AZ. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.1 miles 524 feet Point to Point

Awesome

Very convenient location, trail is open and nicely worn. Would be great for running or biking. Very easy trail with some wildlife along the way. It's not shaded though!

It's a good running trail as it's not terribly difficult and it is well traveled. Not the most spectacular views for the area but you still can view Glassford Hill and the Granite Dells. Also it is a high possibility to spot some Pronghorn Antelope along the way. I would recommend doing this trail in the early morning or afternoon as there is no shade along the trail.

I attempted to run on this trail. Maybe in the future it will get better again, but right now, do not attempt it from the Glassford Hill starting point. I got 2 miles in and the trail turned into a dirty construction site. The trail faded off into low chaparral with tons of thorns. I couldn't even head in the direction I knew the trail continued because of barbed wire fences strewn everywhere.... I had to stop and wander in circles before I finally realized which direction my car was in. Running fail.

Wide open prairies, and flat. Some good sights, but nothing to terribly impressive.

While visiting some friends, they took me on an amazing night ride staring from the Peavine Trail (Prescott Peavine Trail) connecting with the Iron King Trail on the Prescott side. The great thing about doing the night hike? Cooler, no sun burns, heat exhaustion, and dehydration.

More of my review at: http://matthewsadventurediary.blogspot.com/2014/06/peavine-trail-iron-king-trail-darkeness.html

Wide open prairie, with a flat dirt path, good for biking. Not much to see.