Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, AZ that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, rock climbing, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 3 mile trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until May. At the end of the trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring.

Great easy solo hike

Great treat at the end of the trail in seeing the petroglyphs.

good for beginners

Love this trail!! Good with dogs and a few bottles of water and a smile!

Great trail! Nice incline. Great reward along the way!

One of my favorites- but of climbing but nothing too bad

Nice incline on this trail. Good workout. Scenery is nice especially when you get up into the mountain. I am new to hiking, this was definitely beginner friendly. Will do this trail again.

Great views

Pretty views, not a difficult trail, but can get really hot!

This was a great hike. The wind was blowing and the views are amazing. I was happy to see that it had water at the top. The only thing is this is not an easy train. I would say more moderate.

Nice views. Would go back.

Perfect trail for running except it can get a lil congested.. Not too difficult at all running or walking. Hardly any incline but very rewarding once you hit the top. Very cool to see old hieroglyphics!

Trail is well marked. Saw numerous animals/snakes. A lot to see on and off the trail. Take the time to set on the rocks and look back at the valley. Bring water.

Awesome

Decent hike, if you go past the waterfall and water pools the trail gets a little thin and a little more tricky but way worth the views back there, we so a mountain goat staring at us from the cliffs above. Very cool!!

My husband and I are first time hikers both 30yrs old. My husband carried our 1yr old in a back hiking pack the whole time (he's in better shape than me). This was our second time on this trail it's harder than you think very rocky in spots and lots of incline. You need to get there early there is zero shade and bring water! Beautiful site seeing up top being surrounded by the mountains. Lots of bugs toward the hieroglyphics. I would say it's more of a moderate trail than easy.

My wife & I have hiked this trail a few times this last trip we took a good friend who hasn't been before and had a great time, this like is rather easy but will get the heart rate up a bit as well, great for the family.