Green Mountain Trail

Green Mountain Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Lemmon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Tucson: Drive up the Catalina Highway either to the General Hitchcock Campground trailhead or to the San Pedro Vista Point trailhead. Both are clearly marked.

The views were amazing, some spots of the trail were very over grown and not enough signs to let you know your direction. There are a ton of trails that intersect with Green Mnt. trail so it made it confusing! Really the only reason I rated so low! IMO you definitely need the GPS from this app!

This trail is hard, my knees are most definitely feeling it. Yet I would do it again. The views are good and there's some areas where you can climb the rocks. The trail is easy to follow, I only had two slip ups and it was in the first mile where the stream is.

I never knew there was such a lush forest in Arizona but you have to drive up Mt.Lemmon to get there. The hike is fun but rugged but being a California native I was just happy to enjoy whatever Arizona have to offer!

This trail provides a steady journey of alpine exercise. Well maintained, easy access and fago

Dont know if there is a trail by this name in Ft McDowell, but there is on Mt Lemmon near Tucson. That Upper Green Mountain trail is easily acessable from Catalina Highway, and is a green, forested trail.

Probably my favorite hike I've done on Mt. Lemmon so far. Rewarding views with less fire damage than other hikes I've been on. Quiet and serene.

Beautiful views on this trail. Hiked this trail mid-September and the temperature was perfect. Started at mile marker 17.5 from Catalina Highway and hiked down to General Hitchcock campground. A lot of up and down, but beautiful views of the west and north valleys. We loved coming out at the campground - before that there are some beautiful rock formations and a nice little creek awaiting us. Keep on the lookout for baby horny toads - they are all over if you look for them carefully.

Nice trail. We went on a rainy day so it was nice and cool. Fairly steep in some spots. Saw a Coues Whitetail doe on the trail!

By far one of my favorite hikes! The views of the back of Mt. Lemmon was breathtaking. The trail is down hill and has parts that are clear for jogging down. I didn't go point to point and didn't complete the last mile, instead I went left at one of the last forks and ended in this beautiful green serene place. All in all I was out for two hours, and hiked round trip 4.5 miles.

A great technical mountain bike trail. Best done with a shuttle vehicle. Lots of steep,technical climbing and descending on this one. Camping with pit toilets available at the bottom of the trail. Be sure to keep an eye and an ear out for other trail users as it can be pretty easy to sneak up on people.

Nice trail made it into a loop using Brush Corral tr #19 and Short cut trail #21A