Granite Mountain Trail

Granite Mountain Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Prescott, AZ that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Pleasantly surprised by all the beautiful wild flowers! A great day

Rough hike once you actually hit the mountain, but the view is worth it.

definitely not a difficult trail, more like moderate. well marked. couldn't find the last 0.6 mile which is somewhere beyond the giant boulders at the top. was very fun.

Rode mountain bikes.

Mostly on the sunny side of the mountain so bring water. The overlook at the end of the trail is beautiful. The switchbacks were a good workout. We did see a poisonous snake so keep your eyes open. The water at the parking lot is OK to drink.

Loved it! Great Challenge. Great Views. The scenery around last years burn was breath taking and reflective. Beautiful purple flowers growing along the path are a start contrast to the blackened trees and decomposed granite. Started early and enjoyed the weather.

This is a fantastic hike. The first 2 miles are nearly flat as a pancake and the next 2....well that is a different story. Great workout, great views, great hike!

This is by fair my favorite hike in the Prescott area. And it was my first big hike since I have started the hobby so that might be why I am partial. This is a great day hike. We made a lot of stops along the way to look around and rest though so it probably took longer than most. Luckily I had an experienced hiker with me so he knew to bring along a day pack with plenty of water and sandwiches/snacks. Unfortunatly I hiked this after the Doce fire so I saw a lot of devastation but it was still a beautiful hike with lovely views up to the top. A lot of uphill so get ready for some excercise but it was zig zagged so it made it easier on my inexperienced legs. I really enjoyed this hike and want to do it again. We passed many people along the way but hardly any when we got closer to the top. When we got to the top we enjoyed our lunch and the beauty of the quiet views.

Great trail for an afternoon hike. Well marked. Some great vistas to enjoy. I did it in running shoes and about a liter of water. Round trip in just under 3 hours. Would definitely go again.

Great season opener! Left cold, dead-on-its-feet Flagstaff for warmer weather and hiked this trail from the Metate Trailhead to the Granite Mountain Vista Point. First hike since October 2012 and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Only reason it doesn't get 4 stars is due to view at Vista Point...not much going on there. Total distance out and back was 8.66 mile GPSr. Elevation gain was 1436'. My numbers agree with 'Net sites other than this one. Tempted to edit info on this site but not my thing. Total time on the trail was less than 4 hours. Overall grade averaged 6% but its nearly 9% from about 2 miles in to the ridge line. There was still some snow in places and a bit muddy in others. This trail surely gets pretty warm in the summer but today was spectacular. We rated this a blue square effort. Note: go right at the ridge line sign to the vista.

This was a great little hike. Very few on the trail. I was expecting it to be quite a bit cooler than it was. All in all it was a great day for this hike in Prescott. Very enjoyable....

Ok so this isn't so fair as we live close to these trails. We have been on most of the close trails especially when the trail is used by our company as it's a great place to take guys on hikes.