Goldwater Lakes Trail

Goldwater Lakes Trail is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Prescott, AZ that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail, view of the dam briefly but we didn't split off to go down the path that looked like it may have taken us closer. Went in October leaves were changing, scared a snake while walking and almost stepped on it. With leaves on the ground watch your step!

Trail was nice but we didn't know that it didn't go all the way around the lake. We got to the other side and it ended and had to make our way all the way back. Also there were a lot of small flying bugs so when hiking it was hard to not breathe some in.

Nice short walk from trailhead to Goldwater Lake. it's a well marked trail.

First hike for my kids. The older one was a trooper. The younger had a few complaints but overall A nice, leisurely walk through the woods.

Loved the variety,scenery and shade. However not very difficult given the fact that the elevation is very minimal. I will definitely go again

Great trail, great weather. It is too bad you can't swim in the lake to cool off.

Great day hike!

My buddy and I didn't get any luck fishing, but we sure enjoyed the scenery and the peacefulness of the area. Very relaxing place with many trails to hike. Looking forward to returning very soon for the trails! All and all very nice place to escape from reality!

Nice trail. Very scenic if you like ponderosa pines and it's super easy to follow.

I would rate it easy, more of climb out than in. A lovely walk.

A great hike that has streams and lakes along the way!

One of my favorite trails.

My very favorite

Very nice and easy hike. Perfect for families. No swimming at the lake which is disappointing.

nice and easy!

When I lived in Prescott, this was a favorite of mine. Easy hike esp when the kiddoes were little! The best day was when we watched the Red-Wing Blackbirds along the waters edge!

This is an easy hike. Good one for kids or for that person who does not hike often. Great views of Goldwater Lake and the ducks. Connects to other trails in the Prescott National Forest.

This is an easy really nice hike that takes you either side of Goldwater Lake. The north side is busier as you have the main entrance to the lake coming in for boating, fishing, etc.
At the end of the trail (either side) you get to the dam which blocks you from hiking a loop. Lots of ponderosa pine, oak and scrub oak before you get to the lake and on the south side. Also some interesting rocky formations.