Gateway Loop Trail

Gateway Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

20 minutes ago

Loved this trail. Lots of loose rock, so you must be steady on your feet, but beautiful, not to busy on a Friday afternoon, and well away from traffic, so truly quiet. We did the full loop.

A good moderate level hike. Can go either direction, fairly high traffic but plenty of room to move. Several nice vistas.

Good for a quick after-work weekday hike before sunset. I've also come here before work at sunrise, and it's a generally nice place to hang out. Trail is fairly flat and rocky. It has crossovers so that you can make your hike as long or as short as you want.

Beautiful trail, lots and lots of rocks. Scenery is amazing! Will do it again but I'll wear my knee brace next time-hard on my runner's knees.

It was a nice trail to run.

Perfect hike. Beautiful route with alot more color than the typical desert brown. The difficulty was moderate as advertised which is exact what I wanted. Lots of rocks, I mean lots. Wear the appropriate shoes. It was still a great work out.
I started out on the right so the descent was more gradual. Well marked paths made it easy.
Clean bathrooms were an added bonus at the beginning /end of the hike.
Perfect hike that I will definitely repeat.

One of our favorite hikes! The Sonoran Preserve is well maintained thanks to generous donations and hard work from volunteers and local residents. We hike this loop at least once a week. It's a good workout with stunning views, dog friendly and they have very nice restrooms. It's a very popular place, but we've seen it so crowded that we couldn't hike. There are several trails and everyone hikes at a different pace. We highly recommend this hike!

One of our regular morning hikes when we visit Scottsdale. Busy trail at times.

Beautiful sunset. Nice and peaceful hike.