Gardner Canyon Trail

Gardner Canyon Trail is a 11 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sonoita, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Rdxu r

I usually start this in Fish Creek canyon. It's got several hard climbs as a mountain bike ride in the grasslands and oaks. Perennial stream near where the trail enters the wilderness closing it to bikes.

This is a really nice trail, but was a bit difficult to get to. 4x4 would be no problem, but my little truck was bouncing all around on the rocks. The beginning of the trail looks like an old jeep trail, then it gets into a more single track type trail. We only made it 2 miles up before the sun went down, we'll update in a few days when we complete it.

I really enjoyed this trail. It was the first i have hiked in Arizona, and the weather was perfect seeing as i hiked it in Jan. I thought it was a bit hard to get to, there were lot of creeks and large rocks on the road in. The trail starts off strait up a hill then goes back down. After that it levels out. There was a camp site about half way through right after you cross the creek. It would be a nice place to camp with friends.