Ford Canyon Loop Trail

Ford Canyon Loop Trail is a 9.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Waddell, AZ that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ford Canyon is a 7.4 mile out and back but, it can be completed as a loop in conjunction with either Mesquite Canyon, Willow Canyon or Waddell Trails.

This was my first hike in the White Tank Mountain Regional Park area. I took the counter-clockwise approach to this trail which resulted in a long and gradual incline for about 2/3 rd of the trail as you follow a wash for a good distance. On the downhills I resulted to trail running when the footing permitted, as there were several rocky areas on this trail. Complete this in almost exactly 3 hours. Overall a great hike, although it lacked any 360 degree views for all the elevation gained.

its been years since I was last on this trail, forgot about the steep big rock section. We did the loop of Ford to Mesquite.

Great hike!

We left out from area 9 and did 2.25 miles out due to time. This was a very scenic hike that was relatively easy until we hit the signs warning us that the trail was going to get difficult. Then the train became much more narrow with steep inclines. Wish we had time to complete the whole trail. Would definitely recommend this hike. Big shout out to the staff at the nature center who were very helpful.

A fairly easy trail. We started out in the afternoon, so it was rather warm for a February. Brings lots of water and your walking legs. Great workout as you go up and down, and sometimes level off. Not much traffic so you will enjoy the solitude.

Long. But fun. Took mesquite to add some more. Took about 5 hours from start to finish.

Gorgeous Trail, Started out flat and easy for the first 3 miles or so. A bit rugged after that. Beautiful whitewashed boulders and red rocks near the abandoned Dam. Not a bad hike at all.

I saw a lot of birds, a tarantula, Lizards, tracks I couldn't make out and a SKUNK (:

I suggest gloves for tender hands to grab on to the rocks in certain spots. Good hiking shoes, plenty of water and Snacks.

Absolutely beautiful hike.
I started at Area 9 parking and jumped on the Ford Canyon Trail. It started out flat and steady through the desert and slowly brought you into the mountains. You end up in the bottoms of the Ford Canyon on slabs of huge white rock.

The wildlife is great. I've seen deer, tarantulas, lizards, many birds, and some cougar tracks.

About 6 miles into the Ford Canyon Trail I jumped onto Willow Canyon Trail (not as exciting) and continued into the Mesquite Trail to bring me back to parking.

This ended up being a great 9 mile loop. It took about 4.5 hours and 2 of us drank 4 liters of water.

BRING WATER AND SNACKS

The trail is nice, very scenic but careful you don't miss any signs, I'm not sure but a lot of the signs were either in the ground or way off.

We started on Mesquite and then did the Ford Canyon Trail. We saw mountain lion tracks near the abandoned dam by some water puddles. This was a beautiful hike that took several hours. Bring plenty of water and snacks if you decide to do this hike.

Great trail with awesome views of the valley.

Ford Canyon is a beautiful trail. There's an abandoned dam along the trail, although it looks more like a retaining wall (I added a photo of it). I saw plenty of birds and lizards, but only one other person. What a great day for a trail run!

Pay attention to the signs, because the trail goes through a wash, and it's easy to make a mistake and miss the turn-off from the wash on the way back down. I missed the sign on the way back and ended up descending far down into the wash before reaching a sheer drop. I managed to make my way back up to the trail and then realized the sign pointing me in the right direction had tipped over. I righted it and made my way back down the trail.

Decent distance and the trail was at moderate to aggressive level for exertion. Was not with my full pack by had 12-14 pounds in my light pack (food/water). Very low crowds and was cool early on then just became beautiful!

it's a good trail, although I would not consider it "strenuous". I added the Willow Canyon Trail to it to make a loop. Nice and isolated early on a Saturday morning but the connecting trail had a lot of people on it.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but there is a $6 fee, per car, to enter the park.

Just a beautiful day out. a little chilly in the morning but you warm up fast once you started. I started out at Mesquite Canyon trailhead and worked my way to Ford Canyon trail and made a loop of it. there were a few small groups out on the trail but over all not to busy.