Estrella Mountains Competitive Track

Estrella Mountains Competitive Track is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Avondale, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Exit 131 off I-10 to get there and head south toward the Phoenix International Raceway. The road into the park is easy to miss among all the roads to parking areas. Look for the open gate.

Nice trails and easy to do, great views!!!

Quiet as can be!
I think it was a combination of my choice of time 2-4 pm and time of year, the last day of July.
I saw 2 vehicles leaving as I pulled in.
Even got a friendly wave from a fellow mountain biker leaving (aww).
All to myself, I loved it.
Will definitely go back, I'll try some different times and check the crowds.

The payment box is on the right as soon as you turn in, $6 daily for motor vehicle.

monday. $6 entrance fee. helpful park office. Quail Trail was easy. loose gravel. easy pace.

Go some were else, or hike. Maybe the mountain bike loop or dirt road alot better. Almost all big and small sharp edged loose rocks, deep sand with lots of the trail in a deep wide wash.

The first 2.5 miles are brutal - there are no straightaways. It's just a constant series of dips, turns, and climbs. The latter half is easier. It's mostly downhill with some straight sections, and depending on the time of day, you might be shaded by the hills.