Echo Canyon Summit Trail

Echo Canyon Summit Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Camelback Mountain is iconic throughout the Phoenix area, and is perhaps the most popular of in-town hiking locations. Extreme heat, no shade, and thick crowds make this a difficult hike during the summer months. The summit offers view of the Phoenix metro area.

Difficult and very slick in the rain but completely worth it!

I give the trail 5 stars and the crowd 2 stars. I only do this trail early on weekends or on weekdays. The trail itself is quick but challenging and beautiful.

More walk/climbing over holders and rocks than "trail", but I made it to the top and back.

This is a beautiful trail but should only be attempted by those that aren't afraid to attack some steep rock climbs. It's a tough hike but worth it. Can't wait to go again!

Just finished the hike it was awesome

Its a pretty steep trail. I underestimated it lol. Bring plenty of water, I ran out halfway down on my descend. All in all it was an awesome experience.

it was terrible I almost fell of a high mountain

I did it yesterday afternoon. It was fantastic although it was close to 85F.