East Verde River Trail

East Verde River Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Payson, AZ that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

Pretty area, interesting rocks, cliffs and bluffs. Lost the trail soon after starting. When we finally found one, the area is so heavily trafficked and not maintained, trails cross-cross all over the place between the plethora of campsites...or rather, party sites. So much trash all over the place! Also toilet paper everywhere we thought to "explore." Animals dig up buried poop and TP for the rest of us to enjoy because they love what we eat. Keeping a small ziploc baggie in a pocket is an easy way to pack out used TP.

This was a great camping spot, but I assumed this was more of a hiking trail when this was really more of a drive and camp trail. Still had a great time and the river and waterhole view was amazing.

geocaching

Great Sunday drive! A few 'loose Rock' areas requiring some all wheel drive action, and certainly not traversable without some clearance (stock Grand Cherokee with TrailHawk package).

The views are spectacular, and the trail is great. Great opportunties to swim and camp here. I camp all the time up here, it is my go to spot! Great way to beat the PHX heat!

One of my favorites because there are awesome swimming holes. Great for backpacking or just a day hike, car camoing is also an option. There are also some indian ruins if you hike back awhile.