Dutchmans Loop Trail

Dutchmans Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gold Canyon, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My GPS tracked this as a 10.4 mile trail. I loved the hike but it's def. one for cooler months. Some of the trails was overgrown. Bring plenty of water, there isn't much shade. The last mile was the best for me. Will def. be back!

Made this hike (or portions of it) on January 2nd after it had snowed. We left at dark (Peralta trail) and made Fremont saddle by sunrise, with the snow and sunrise and Peralta canyon made for an amazing view and moment... on one side the sunrise and on the other side weavers needle. We hiked down towards the needle in 4 inches of snow.

The Dutchman loop was spectacular but long. We did it in 1 day at it took all of it... from an hour before sunrise to sunset. I would recommended taking 2 days so you don't have to average 3 miles per hour on your hiking and can actually enjoy the views.

Amazing country, fantastic trails.

Nice day

You cannot help but wonder about the legends of the trails in this area. I felt goose bumps from thinking about all the legends born from this area. Looking at Weavers Needle, and walking through the Cholla Forest you cannot help but wonder who was the nitwit that decided to bring wagons through this rouged land. The Wild West vs Indians and the awesome history. Hard to believe your feet stepping on historical paths that created legends. The Peralta trail system offers so much. Highly suggest going in a group and enjoy an awe inspiring night hike. The super clear night sky the sound of nature all around you... the howling scared me more than the wild bore that crossed our path. This is a must do trail system... bucket list this trail for night time during summer. Do keep track of the weather, because monsoons suck, and the sand storms are worse, but they ad to the adventure and experience if you get stuck in one. So you need to know your survival skills just in case.