Dreamy Draw Loop Trail

Dreamy Draw Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

If you are into trail running and live in the city, then this is another to add to the weekly workout routine as it offers good longevity and well marked trails. Pretty easy but can become moderate if you maximize your speed and stamina for a good workout.

Decent hike, although there are better options in the valley. I suppose it would be prettier at sunset or after a good rain and wildflowers blooming. Too close to the highway and pretty crowded as well. It gets better the further in you go; the desert valley really opens up then. It seems to be a popular spot for joggers and bicyclists. Completed the nature trail and also hiked on trail 100 and 1A. Those are pretty long and I'll have to come back sometime and hike those in their entirety.

Did something different today. I started on Dreamy Draw at 22nd Street and Lincoln, and hiked over to Piestewa Peak Park, where I picked up the 1A (Perl Charles Memorial). I figured I would continue to trail's end near 20th Street, but instead I turned off onto an unmarked trail and began walking along houses in the neighborhood. The yards are all fenced off and walled off, so I wasn't exactly in the neighborhood, but I wasn't exactly on a trail either. I was essentially bushwhacking, even though I was right next to a neighborhood. There is a rock hut over there that I had never seen before. It is tiny and covered in graffiti, but it's something to see. I continued along the houses until the trail ran out, and I then stepped down into a wash. I struggled to make it through the heavy undergrowth without getting bitten by a rattlesnake. I finally made it to the end and climbed up the drainage pipe and onto the street, and I was right back on 22nd Street! Not quite three miles, so not a long hike, but not bad for being in the city.

It was fantastic! I hiked with a small group. We hiked for about 4.75 miles/9,500 steps and it took us and hour and a half with three considerably nice breaks.

Hiked up to the peaks. Took hero. 2 miles

had a ton of fun! lots to see and explore!

I did this hike on a Saturday morning in March around 9:00 am.
Bring lots of water and your sense of adventure. At first I wasn't impressed because the freeway is right there, not fun to see or hear on a hike. I kept going East and it became a very pretty and pleasant hike. It was busy on the main trails but there are so many trails to take if you want something less busy. Ended up going 5.5 miles. Take a picture of the trail map. I did get a little lost.
Pros - nice views, wild flowers/cactus blossoms, many trail options, close and convenient, not too busy, bathroom at trailhead and picnic tables
Keep in mind - lots of trails to get lost on, parking lot fills up

A relaxing trail hike with young children. Stay hydrated!

Great hiking to do with kids. Trails can be as easy or as hard as you like. And they have trails that can take you over 10miles or as short as 1. Very convenient to hotels as well.

Done this a few times. Nice and easy and great for exploring around.

Not bad. A decent hike for getting away and not traveling too far out the city :)

I went to Squaw Peak today, but there was no parking! I turned around and drove out. Driving west on Lincoln Drive, I turned up 22nd Street wondering if I might find another way into the park, Lo and behold, there was a trailhead, Dreamy Draw. I had never been there before, but there was convenient street-side parking, so I pulled up and took off up the trail. The trail from 22nd street proceeds north and east, and eventually crosses into Squaw Peak Park. As I walked along, I was drawn to the ridge rising alongside of it. I thought about breaking trail and trying my hand at scaling the rocky hillside, but I didn't do it. Not right off anyway. Eventually I came to a spot that looked almost like a trail, and I headed up. I was surprised to find that there was a cut trail up the side of this ridge. I climbed up to the lone cactus at the top and stopped. My trusty altimeter told me that I was at 1821 feet. Going to this top, one must watch his or her step, or risk falling over the ledge to the rocks below. The Dreamy Draw trail is rated as easy here, but I would say that my side trail added to the difficulty. I did 2.8 miles total. All in all, a very good hike.

nice easy trail with a little uphill test. Good quick hike

Great