Douglas Spring Trail

Douglas Spring Trail is a 17.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Easy trail with waterfall view This is an excellent introductory hike for someone who normally doesnt get out there. You can negotiate the trail with ease in a pair of tennis shoes, but hiking boots will enable you to continue farther up the trail. This trek doesnt end at Bridal Wreath Falls, but it is a common end point for most hikers. The scenery is classic Sonoran Desert Scrub, and the further you go on the trail, the more you get. For most begginers, the reward of a beautiful waterfall at the end of the hike, is about they need to get hooked. I've personally introduced a lot of "never hiked before" folks to the outdoors by taking them on this hike. The whole family from toddlers to elderly enjoy this trek on a regular basis, not many steep hills and lots of hikers to keep you company. For those more experienced backpackers who plan to stay overnight, you'll need a permit available from the Saguaro National Park office.

Started too late (9:45am)! I was shocked at how challenging this was on the way up, coming from someone who runs the sabino canyon tram road (7.4) 3x a week I really thought this would be a piece of cake and I kind of died on this trail in the sun. Made it a measly 3 miles in and killed 2 liters of water at that point, which prompted me turn around. People were just starting to come up as I was going down in 85 degrees and getting hotter holding only 12oz bottles of water. No idea if that's an AZ thing, but holy god, you couldn't pay me to do that.
I'll attempt this again, but way earlier and with 4 liters of water plus filtration. Namaste Douglas Springs-- you owned me today.

What a beautiful hike through the canyon and beautiful desert vegetation. Due to recent rains, streams were flowing and the Bridal Wreath Falls were tumbling. The hike up has a gradual incline of about 1100 ft. Take time along the way to take in the amazing vistas. The hike up to the falls and back is just 6 miles.

Beautiful and stunning views. Trail is well maintained.

Great hike. Beautiful views.

Great Family Hike!

This trail is beautiful. It just gets better as you go.

Love this Hike!

I'm a novice hiker, trying out new trails as I go, but I've done this one a few times already, going a little further each time. Being just in ok shape, it's a little challenging, but has gotten easier after just a few more hikes and conditioning.
Well marked trail. Pretty views. Nice mix of ascents, descents and some flat areas.
Heavily traveled with lots of nice and friendly hikers.

There was plenty of water when I went the beginning of the trail is steep but then it levels out the falls are well worth the hike

I'm still getting out and discovering trails but so far this is one of my favorites. It is accurately rated as moderate; the trail becomes strenuous and then flattens out with just enough time to catch your breath before il the incline starts again. The ending is AMAZING! If only it had water when we went but even without we did a bit of bouldering and had a fantastic view of the city.

Pretty easy hike, with a lovely waterfall. Not much effort needed, and especially lovely if you go in late afternoon to catch the arizona sunset on the way back.