Dixie Mountain Loop Trail

Dixie Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The main loop trail at Phoenix's Sonoran Preserve provides plenty of options for either a short walk or a longer hike. The elevation gain is accumulated through small ups-and-downs along the trail. Look for the Teddy Bear Cholla forest between mile posts 2.6 and 2.75. The Sonoran Preserve is located in the transition zone to the Arizona Upland, which has higher amounts of rainfall than other Phoenix area hikes, increasing both the lushness and diversity of plant life.

The second half of this trail was nice, but the first half is pretty bland. Also, beware that there is a ton of jumping cactus on this hike. Unfortunately a decent amount makes its way onto the trail itself. This could be a real issue with kids and/or pets.

Beautiful area full of scenic views in every direction. Easy hike, great for entire family and beginners.

My son and I hiked this on a moderately warm winter day. We hadn't intended on doing the loop trail but we stuck it out. We're not super in-shape people. The trail is mostly flat and well maintained. Is in the sun most of the time, however, so be prepared for that. I ti multi-use so we ran into a fair number of mountain bikers.

Nice mid length and moderate hike! Some gradual inclines and nice views! Quiet once you're out onto the further part of the loop.

Great trail. Do this twice a month and good combination of scenery and awesome hiking trail. My favorite is when you get halfway there are overlooks of untouched desert.

Good, scenic trail. A little busy on the weekend, but once you get out a ways, it's pretty quiet. Very easy and minimal elevation gain. I liked the rusted out abandoned vehicle in the ditch on the Western side of the trail. I also liked the teddy bear Cholla forest. Pay attention when going through this area!!! I would rate this trail higher if I was on a mountain bike!

very nice and relaxing trail.

nice easy loop