Deem Hills Circumference Trail

Deem Hills Circumference Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Deem Hills s a 10.5 mile loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

Less rocky than Thunderbird. Nice trail variations.

Relatively long and lots of ups and downs. Lots of commutation and permutations as there are short trails within the trail

Relatively long, but easy hike. Lots of trail variations to try.

fun hike, no obvious summit, a bit strenuous for mary and john

Convenient moderate trail.

Nice

Seems easier if you go clockwise. You get the hardest elevation out of the way early. When it's over 100 degrees, I'm all about easier. Nice trail. Well marked and maintained. If you want more than 6 miles, there are numerous side trails.

Great trail, great hike with different levels. so pretty at sunset!

Love this trail

I had been hesitant to check it out, but it was beautiful! the deem hills area has a nice large park and ball fields, a large dog park at the base that leads up into the trail system. the trails were wide, hard packed and well marked. light traffic, moderate levels available.

great views and signature volcanic rock. I'm excited to get back.

Circumference trail is a nice 6.2 mile workout ..

Nice place for a family of mixed ages. They have a playground for the little ones who may not be able to make the trail (due to length), and a nice trail with good views for the older ones. No entrance fee for the park was welcomed as well.

I was visiting on Happy Valley today, so I went to Deem Hills to hike. I had been on the trail before, but today's hike seemed longer than last time. I did 4.2 miles from beginning to end. No tricks to the trails. Mostly it is a long walk, up and down through the desert. There are things to see anyway, including black rocks and lots of cactus. Near the top I saw two hawks swooping along in the wind. First I saw them in the sky, and then I came to their nest on the side of the mountain. It was the opposite mountain, so I didn't have to watch my step. The park was full of soccer parents, but the trail only had a few hikers other than myself. For the most part, I was alone the whole way. A good hike, even if not at all challenging.

Fun running trail. not busy and great views.