Deadman's Pass

Deadman's Pass is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, AZ that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice out and back that connects to Long Canyon and Mescal Trails.

Not a very exciting trail and there was a lot of people on bikes

This trail was boring for me. Busy and next to houses the first half.

We started off this hike intending to do the Long Canyon Trail. However after a short distance I realized I had done Long Canyon last year. When we reached the intersection with the Deadman Pass trail we decided to take it and do something new. I really liked this trail and would give it at least 3 Stars. It was not difficult and it did have some mountain bikers and dog walkers but not to many. I also mountain bike so the trail interested me from that perspective and it was fun to watch the bikers navigate the steps and rocky pitches, both on the downhill and uphill portions. The dogs were all very friendly and provided a chance to have a conversation with their masters. In fact everyone we met was really nice and there presence enhanced the walk. For those who mountain bike this would be a great and challenging ride. Next Year on my Sedona Vacation I will certainly bring my bike and give this one a try. When we reached the end of the trail or rather the intersection with the Mescal Trail we decided to take the Mescal and do a loop back to the trail head. The Mescal was something else and I would give it a 5 Star just for the thrill it gives. If you what more on the Mescal pick up my review of it under that trail name.

This was a very busy trail. Lots of Mountain Bikes and people walking dogs. Very cool, a person was playing the flute high on a peak so we were serenaded as it echoed down. A local suggested we veer off onto the Mescal trail and I'm very happy we did as it took us off the "beaten" path.