Corona de Loma Trail

Corona de Loma Trail is a 9.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

quick climb to the top of Buena Vista lookout. Great view of the east vally

Went to Corona de Loma today. I had been eyeing that trail for a while on alltrails.com and today went to do it. I work close by the trail and swung over after work. The map essentially just got me to parking close by the mountain, but I really didn't know where the trail was. I asked for directions 6 times out on the trail! I finally got to the base of the mountain and started climbing. I used to live at South Mountain and I hiked there a lot, but that was on the north side of the mountain and I had never hiked on the south side before. I parked at about 2:30 and made it to the base of the mountain by about 3:30. Of course, on November 23rd the days are short and I wasn't sure there was enough daylight left to make it up and down, but I went up anyway. Corona de Loma seems like more of a peak than a trail, and the radio towers on National are close by. I didn't see any trail signs marking the top when I arrived, but there were only a couple signs on the way anyway. There was a cute little cairn at the top and I added a couple of rocks just to mark my arrival. Considering the dimming daylight, I spent only a few minutes at the top and then hustled down. I traveled across Warpaint and Desert Classic going both up and down. It was 6.04 miles from parking to the top, so 12 miles round trip. The sun dropped and I made it back to the car just as it turned dark. Now that I know the way, I will probably go back and try it again, but from where I parked it could be a day hike.

mofified corona

parked on warpath

desert cloud out... national along the ridge... corona back to warpaint

not a favorite to many bikes on DC

national is great

corona doen is steep rough and loose
pyramid is better option to loop traditional

well I started out from the Pima Canyon Trailhead. Took the desert classic trail west until I hit the secret trail took it to the Corona De Loma Trail which I hiked until I connected with the National Trail. From there I went to Hidden Valley then reconnected with the National Trail from there I turned onto Pima Wash until I reached my car. The weather today was great about 92 lots of plants in bloom.