Chiva Falls Trail

Chiva Falls Trail is a 16.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, AZ that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

This hike is very easy, at least the 7 miles that we did. The first four are on the tram road which is not my definition of hiking however if you want to beat the heat you go early and unfortunately the tram doesn't start running until 9a. We left at about 7:30 and were almost to the dirt trail by the time it made its first loop.
The first part of the dirt trail seemed promising with a nice switchback set however that's as hard as this hike got. By the time we got to crossing the river, I think we were about a mile away from the pools we stopped. At first we thought we were there and there isn't a marker to see the trail continues. In any case the river crossing was a nice place to stop and relax, I even got to a point where it was about 5 ft deep. The trail is nice but next time I'll wait to take the tram and be sure to finish, very easy hike though. Keep that in mind if you are more of a challenge hiker like myself

off road driving

Took this trail with my K5 Blazer, the trail itself is about a two or three but there are some obstacles that are definitely a four, like Three Feathers.
high ground clearance and 4x4 is a must.