Cave Creek Trail And Skunk Creek Trail

Cave Creek Trail And Skunk Creek Trail is a 10 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cave Creek, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

10.0 miles 1952 feet Loop

This is a great hike. Not to hard but not easy either. A lot to see!

Bring plenty of water. Maybe it was the distance, but this is rated as Moderate and I found it way more difficult than Camelback. Very remote during October with no cell service, so tell others where you're going if traveling alone. Keep a lookout for the structured rock towers that previous hikers have constructed so that you know you're on the right trail, as the trail is not marked by signs and is VERY easy to get off track.

Hiked 247 to Spur then back on trail 4 to cavecreek trail head. It was a long day but loved every minute if it. Second time here and will be back again, so much to see!

Trail is narrow and slightly overgrown from lack of use, but definitely still passable. I went hiking with my boyfriend and two dogs and we will definitely be back. Be sure to drive a higher clearance vehicle because its off-road driving for the last 7 miles to the trailhead. We'll try camping sometime this summer.

My family is new to hiking. We consist of mom dad and 2 boys (3yrs old and 7). We started on skunk creek trail and did a 4 mile loop. We saw all of the normal desert life, lizards quails & bunnies. We got there a little later than normal but didn't have to cut the hike short due to there was plenty of shade along the way. Great hike for us beginners

약 4마일은 계곡을 따라 걸음.계곡의 경치가 좋음.여름에는 수영을 하면 좋음.평지 를 지나 완만한 경사로 등산.전형적인 피닉스 산.

Beautiful hike even when it's hot because it follows the creek and has good shade.

Went on the Cave Creek Trail #4 as far as the third creek crossing, and then back the way I came, for a total of 8 miles. The first 2/3 follows the creek closely and is well shaded, with plenty of wildlife. The last 1/3 is away from the creek in more open desert. Look for a rare crested saguaro just north of the trail a short way past the second creek crossing.

Perfect Weather. Trail easy and fast. Little water in the creek was able to find a great spot for lunch on a rock next to the creek.

This trail as with most Trailheads in Az do not need a National Forest Pass. They are for the most part free. I know one pay site is Barttlet lake and I can not remember the other one.

This was our family's second hike together. We have a 11 and 7 year old so we don't move fast. We like to take pics and that as well slows us down. We just hiked down Trail #4 for a couple of hours. It was great weather with not many people on the trail. We did some off-treking to get to the creek that was running. Let the girls play in the water a while and ate some food it was noon. Meet a nice couple with two dogs. The next time we do this hike we will leave earlier and probably do the whole hike.

Did this today with my husband and my little Boston Terrier... its a beautiful hike. We start with Skunk Creek Trail and end at Cave Creek Trail. We will do this again next week follow Cave Creek Trail first.
Don't forget to get your Pass before you get there, we can't find the automated pay station