Cat Peaks Trail via Belvins Trail

Cat Peaks Trail via Belvins Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Since Cat Peaks is a point-to-point trail, There are several ways to get to the Cat Peaks trail. This route starts at the west Blevins trail head and follows Blevins to Meridian and then accesses the Cat Peaks trail from the east side of Usery Mountain Park.

Beautiful spot and amazing views. Great for kids. You do have to pay $6 to get in. It is not a big deal, but we were not expecting to pay anything. I would recommend going here though I will be going again.

Confusing to get to. Not hard or challenging at all. Not much to write about. We did see a mule deer. That was the most exciting part. :)

Great views and enjoyable trail for us beginners.

Easy, pretty, decent for getting back into hiking after time being a lazy slob ;) I got to the trailhead at 8 and took my pup. Took us an hour to make the hike with frequent stops to let him cool down a bit. Blevins trail was HOT because there was no breeze. I turned left a the Cats Peak fork and when you get to the north side of the north mountain a nice breeze hits and cooled it down. Getting back on Blevins to the car was easy but hot without the breeze again. If I did it again in October, I'd leave the trailhead by 7 at the latest to avoid the heat.

Cat Peaks via Pass Mountain from the end of Meridian. The Cat Peaks loop is very easy - saw many mountain bikers.

Good trail at sunset you may get to see the Great Horned Owls