Bursera Trail

Bursera Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Bursera/Gila loop is a great trail to hike when getting your wind up after being inactive for a few years. If you want to climb right off the bat, take Bursera (left fork) from the Chandler Blvd. parking lot. If you want to establish a good pace before the climb, take Gila (right fork) through the wash from the parking lot. Very quiet and awesome views.

Good hike bring water
Once you get in a ways it's nice and quiet watch for rattlers

Great views and a good workout! Sunset was beautiful too!

Love this trail, have only accomplished the Bursera Gila Trail loop. I don't know who rated this moderate, it's a great workout and challenge for me. Beautiful views.

Great trail. I have hiked a loop of Bursera-National-Pyramid, which works out to 10-11 miles, and it's probably my favorite hike on all of South Mountain. Great views of the Lost Ranch from Bursera. Great parking lot at the trailhead, too. Highly recommend!

I use this trail to challenge myself to keep up a decent pace on the uphill! I've only hiked the ridge section adjacent to the Chandler Blvd parking area. Goal is to explore more of the trail during this winter season! I love the open view without much city-scape! Seems more like wilderness but it's close to home!

did a modidified bursera

went out pyramid

did national along the ridge

then buserea back to parking lot at the end of w chandler

great day double summit once on pyramid once on bursera

you can avoid the second sumitt by taking gila trail back to the cars

Good view when on the upper edge of the mountains

started out about 90 degrees and overcast and humid. Met a few onther hikers along the way. The hike is a good work out and there are some old mines along the way. I did run intoa young red racer but i was to slow with the camera. I will do this again in the spring when the flowers are in bloom.