Brown Mountain Loop Trail

Brown Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from October until April. Horses are also able to use this trail.

head west on E Speedway Blvd for 7.2 miles. Here Speedway becomes Gates Pass Blvd. Continue onto W Gates Pass Blvd for 4.8 miles. Turn right at Kinney Rd and follow for 2.4 miles. Turn into the Juan Santa Cruz Picnic Grounds, just before the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. The unmarked trailhead is at the southern-most tip of the parking area. (Lat:32.23923 Lon:-111.16606)

Good easy walk with great views of the towns below and landscape all around. Easy walk but good cardio in places.

Good hike, with views. It's easier going counter-clockwise.

Very enjoyable walk a great ridge climb followed by a good meandering stroll in the Leigh of the hill. Lots of birds too. We were walking in a group of 5 and all agreed that it was great to do the ridge first and then the valley. A great introduction to the landscape flora and fauna of the Sonoran desert.

geocaching

And hiking. I did a lot better then the first time I walked it. There were a lot of air sucking moments for me but loved the hike and lots of geocaches.

I agree that this is an easy trail. There's a restroom in the middle of it, which is nice. Saw no one, but it's not a trail that takes you 'away', as signs of civilization are all around you for most of it. Saw lots of hawks.
I recommend this for a quick and easy hike when you don't have much time. Good for beginners.

I don't have much to rate it against since it was my first hike. We hiked across the ridge from the picnic area to the north to the camp grounds to the south. My two year old rode in a back pack for the ride. I think he enjoyed it too. It wasn't too bad, a little rougher than I expected from other reviews. Very enjoyable and beautiful though.

Good, but not particularly different from many other hikes in Tucson area. Note that it is easy to lose the lower trail on the east side.

Do the whole 4-mile loop. Lots of different views, plus beautiful plant and mineral life.

Great hike, I ran most of it without issue. Awesome loop!

great family or non hiker trail

not to long not to steep