Brown Canyon Trail

Brown Canyon Trail is a 5.1 mile loop trail located near Hereford, AZ and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

amazing trail for the dogs only complaint is there is no markers for the trail splits....amazing scenery!

Great trail. Loved the scenery, and the trail wasn't too hard for the kids (9 and 10). Only complaint is that the trail markers don't give any distance and the early trail split isn't marked.

Great trail- sunny and exposed during the first part but then it becomes more shady when you get into the woods. Dog friendly which we enjoyed. FYI- The last part is spent walking on the road back to the parking lot

Moderate difficulty with beautiful scenery, plenty of shaded areas and diverse terrain to keep you interested and entertained. Great for dogs as well.

Pretty and varied loop with miles of off-shoot trails

Love this trail it's kinda my go to trail for mountain biking I would rate this as easy to light moderate

I just completed this trail today. It was beautiful and green. I am new at mountain biking so I basically hiked with my bike to the top and then I rode down. It was a great work, a lot of fun and oh so beautiful!

Did this hike back in March and loved it!

Nice trail that gives you just enough incline change to make it a decent workout but not a smoker. I went in mid-February on a Sunday morning and saw a fair amount of trail runners and bikers but not so much as to make it feel crowded. Will do again.

This is a great trail for an afternoon hike. Either direction from the trailhead will make for a great hike or bike Part of the trail is either paved or improved dirt vehicle roads, and most is single track. There is a really steep hill which I can't see anyone biking up, but perhaps it's possible. I think there is a small trail that avoids this steep hill and takes you by the house. I'll check it out next time.

Any trail we go, we would never go without a map. Hiked Brown Canyon a number of times. A first time easier start is to drive to Brown Canyon Ranch, park there and take off. After a while on the trail, depending on the season, you'll find a small brook on the left side of the trail. Want a challenge, take the Pomona loop. Hiked this trail several times, starting from Brown Canyon Ranch, and from the trailhead parking lot. Another great way to connect with Brown Canyon is starting from the Nature Conservancy at the end of Ramsey Canyon, follow the Hamburg Trail, and turn onto Brown Canyon Trail. Depending on the elevation, trees and vegetation change. Saw deer and squirrels - no bears thank goodness.