Bright Angel Trail to Three-Mile Resthouse

Bright Angel Trail to Three-Mile Resthouse is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

From Grand Canyon village take the Bright Angel trail down to the resthouse.

It was alright. Not sure how worthwhile it is to go down this far without going all the way to the river. However I think it's a 12 hour trek or so to go all the way there and back. We did this trail in less than 4 hours with a 15 minute stop at the rest house.

A decent hike, very trafficked and when we went (January) it was icy at the top and muddy near the 1.5 mile house. The best part of the hike was past the 3 mile rest house so if you're going to do this hike keep going past Indian garden until the lookout!!!! (The hard part is already behind you)

Wasn't sure I would be up for hiking, and we didn't plan too well as far as snacks go. Went to see the Grand Canyon for the first time (AZ native- embarassing I know) and just had to hike some of it. With my 18 pound daughter on my back, and my 3 yr old on my husband's back part of the time we made the treck down and up. I don't recall how long it took us, maybe an 1-1.5 hrs. I'm pumped to go back for more! So beautiful. It was cloudy, and sprinkled on us occasionally. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

My 5 yo and 10 yo made it to the 3 mi mark before we had to the back because it got dark. Beautiful views. My girls liked it but were quite exhausted when we were done. The trail is also heavily trafficked.

In November this hike is so much easier than in summer. I'm 70 years old and hike only 3 times a week, 3 miles per hike in 1 hour, typically; and I hiked to the 1-1/2 Mile point and back easily in 2-1/2 hours. It was beautiful and cold, under a clear blue sky.

Awesome!

Great little hike, get out early to avoid lots of foot traffic. Easy on the way down, but can get a little difficult on the way up. Just enjoy the views and keep walking!