Bright Angel Trail to Phantom Overlook to South Kaibab Trail

Bright Angel Trail to Phantom Overlook to South Kaibab Trail is a 19.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Grand Canyon Village, AZ that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options.

19.6 miles 6049 feet Point to Point

First time I saw the GC I looked at the bottom and said to myself "I have to go there...." It took a couple of years to find someone willing to go with me. My sons best friend Brian took off in 2006 on the trek with me. We actually did about 10 more miles than the description shows because it wouldn't let me log a 5 mile out and back hike past Phantom Point. We stayed at the Bright Angel campground for 2 nights. The GC is my favorite place to hike and I hope to go back . The views are the most incredible I've seen any place I've hiked. The 1st day we dropped in with shorts on and a little snow on the ground in April. Within an hour or 1500' or so it was comfortable and we were ecstatic just taking in the views. We ate that night at Phantom Ranch and it was very good just talking to other hikers. We were surprised to observe that most of the serious hikers present were women from 50-80. Two ladies that we sat next to were in their mid 70's and had done 7 hikes lasting 4-10 days together in the canyon in the last two years!!! Awesome... The next day we gave our knees a rest and did about a 12 mile hike past Phantom Point and came out the following day from Bright Angel campground. The views in the canyon were incredible with clouds in the sky every day. Every corner you go around is a photo op. We took 100's of pics and I'll post a few later. Even if you had been somewhere already the next time you see it in a different light condition it's simply more beautiful than before... If you've ever thought about doing the GC don't hesitate. At that point in my life it was the best and most difficult hike I'd done.... and it's still one of my 3 favorite places on the planet!