Boulder Canyon Trail

Boulder Canyon Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, AZ that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Perfect hike that doesn't take all day, and has great views. Easy access with parking across the street.

Awesome trail with beautiful views.

Absolutely stunning views! It is a beautiful hike! I wouldn't really rate it as too difficult as it was pretty easy to get through and I'm not in that great of shape! Seeing as how you can really stop at whatever point you feel comfortable, I would say it would be good for almost any level hiker. We brought the dogs and they loved it too. Wanted to go further but it didn't work out and I'm not in good enough shape to do 13miles. Go early and park at the marina and its directly across the street. Bring your phone for this one!

Relatively easy. No rocks rolling under your feet. Beautiful views of Canyon Lake. And Four Peaks.

The views were amazing, went on a winter weekday and only saw 2 other people. Saw some deer on our way back. Can't wait to check out more of this area.

This hike blew me away! The views were amazing. We've had a lot of rain this season, so the desert was lush. Lots of flowers. This hike is not for beginners. This trail is marked as difficult. I'd say more high-moderate, but I'd accept difficult too. You should definitely wear supportive shoes or you'll kill your feet from the rough terrain. I'm not a fast hiker at all, so there was no way I was going to do the 13 miles (round trip) in one day. I got in probably more like 6 miles. Still, I was very happy. I took 3 liters of water with me, but probably should have taken 5. I also brought my 3-year-old lab. We both were exhausted by the end. I went in mid-October and still saw about 15-20 people throughout my whole time there. So not super busy but not all alone either. The last lookout point before going down into the wash (about 2.2 miles in) was the most amazing I've seen in a long time. Really made my week. The parking is at the marina across the street.