Boulder Canyon Trail

Boulder Canyon Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, Arizona that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Amazing views! You can see weavers needle and way down into the canyons. And if you don't feel like making the whole trek it's fine! There are so many viewing points along the way!

Beautiful trail! Tough at the start due to a constant climb but once we got past that we were rewarded with amazing views.

The actual trail isn't always obvious. Also at times there is a separate path that eventually dead ends. There were several times I had to backtrack and take the other path. Lastly if you do make it to the river then carefully note where the path is because with all of the plant growth it can be hard to see. I made the mistake of not carefully noting it and had a little trouble finding it on the return trip. I normally wouldn't have an issue because I always use a GPS app when I go hiking. Unfortunately because there was no cell signal it didn't keep track of my path. Just a bad app in my opinion. Anyways, I just wanted to mention that so people were aware. I had a few moments of fear when I couldn't locate the path. on one of the river crossings I saw someone put up a ribbon on both sides to mark the path. Very simple and effective and something I will eventually add to my backpack.

One of my favorite hikes. Not a lot of people and the views!!! I think being up high is the best. The trail does dip down and crosses the river twice. If you are looking for just photos don't descend from the top. If you are hiking then by all means go the whole way! Lots of loose rock so be aware of your steps and footing.

Great hike with gorgeous views!

Easy to Moderate hike.
Great for dogs and well kept. There is no real end point, just a stream. It is long, but good workout. Just about anyone can do it.
Lots of good photo options.

Great hike but give yourself time to hike it in and out.

Beautiful

Moderate trail, just be careful with loose rock, wear appropriate shoes. Trail is not too long, elevation is also not steep. I started at 1pm and finish at 5:20pm, including time to break and taking some pictures. The view is beautiful and worth.