Bluff Spring Loop

Bluff Spring Loop is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail starts at the Peralta Trailhead on the south side of the Superstition Wilderness.

Enjoyable hike! We'd recommend going clockwise--you start with a steep incline, have a rewarding view at the top, and go through a very steady decline for the rest of the loop. Needed more water--3L should be good for the winter months. Wish we'd caught some water in the washes--it would've made the hike perfect! Only "meh" was how stale the trail gets in the last few miles. We clocked in at around 9-10 miles.

Nice diversity in terrain throughout the hike. Didn't bring quite enough water (2L + 32 oz bottle). We went clockwise, which we'd advise--you start off with a moderate climb, and then it's easygoing from there.

Great hike. Scenic and great distance!

Awesome!

amazing views, ended up making it a 11.95 mile loop. small water pools after the rain. awesome day hike for sure. only saw two other people this day on the trail.

Classic Superstitions.....outstanding.

Great hike, excellent Sonoran desert and desert mountain views. It should not be rated as easy though. It has around 1,000 feet of elevation change, and some very rough/rocky parts of the trail. We recorded it on 2 different devices. As is said in other reviews, it is longer than listed; being between 9 and 10 miles.

Great trail. It was actually 10 miles. Took us about 4 hours.

I agree that you should wear long pants, even if it's hot. This was my first time in the area and my legs got ripped up. We went counter clockwise from the beginning of the Dutchmen trailhead and looped around. It was a little over 9 miles but beautiful views. I look forward to checking out other trails in that area.

Agree with the long pants. Great trail amazing views and different trails along the way to extend if you want

Nice trail. Wear long pants in the fall--even on a warm day, as my legs got really scratched and scraped. Says it's 6.9 mi but I hiked 8.4 mi doing this loop. Took me 3.5 hrs once at the trailhead. Bring lots of protein and water.

This is a very beautiful hike through some gorgeous terrain in the Superstition Wilderness. We took the loop in the counter-clockwise direction, which dispenses with the steepest climb at the outset. There are many interesting mountains, hoodoos, and other formations. Due to a snow storm a few days before, there were still some patches of snow on the north-facing slopes, and there was water flowing in the creeks. The hike around Miner's Needle revealed poppies beginning to bloom. A very enjoyable time.