Blackett's Ridge Trail

Blackett's Ridge Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Short Hike With Amazing Views Of Sabino & Bear Canyons This is one of the "Must See" hikes in the area, if your in town for a short while and want a hike with spectaculer views of the Coronado National Forrest, then you have to do this one. After you park your car in the lot, walk over to the Bear Canyon trailhead, it will be off to the right of the visitors center. Shortly after you start the hike you will come to a paved tram road, turn right and walk along the paved tram road until you come to a small building, cross the bridge to your right and start out along the Phoneline trail, very shortly you'll see the trailhead sign for Blacketts Ridge Trail. This trail will give you all your eyes generally need of the wonderful mountainous terrain we have here in Tucson. At the top you'll have inreadible views of Thimble Peak to the Northeast and an awsome view of the Phoneline Trail way down below. Bring the camera and gets some awsome shots of you and your hiking partner atop of one of the highest peaks in the Park.

This was a really fun hike but the trails in the canyon were poorly labeled. We ended up doing over 8 miles after getting lost. It was a pretty strenuous hike for people that don't live in the mountains, but definitely worth it at the top!

Excellent, great short hike with a lot of climb. Amazing view of the valley.

I did this trail 3 weeks ago. This is an excellent trail for cardiovascular and just bc I'm in my 60s doesn't mean I can't climb. Au contraire, it's a challenge to me and I love the results. Can't get enough of it.

its a fun trail. i hiked it yesterday while it was overcast and it was one of the best hikes ive ever done.

Fun hike. Good climb up last portion, so be ready!

Loved doing this hike because it gets your heart going. The trail is easy to follow.

I'm new to Tucson and to hiking, but am physically fit. This trail was definitely difficult due to the steep vertical gain. It took me 1.5 hours up, not including a few 5 minute rests. The way down is treacherous. Next time I will use poles. I lost footing several times, and had to slow way down.
Absolutely gorgeous, and well worth it, though!

Great hike. Liked it so much in May that I had to do it again this week! Breathtaking views.

I love this hike, stunning views at the top!

Steep grind of a workout up the switchbacks. Definitely go out here if you're looking for a workout hike.