Black Rock Loop Trail

Black Rock Loop Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Waddell, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Black Rock Trail is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Waddell, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year round. Black Rock Trail consists of two loops. Black Rock short loop is an easy .5 mile barrier free, wheelchair accessible trail. Black Rock long loop is a moderate 1.3 mile trail. Black Rock Trail long loop also connects to Waterfall Trail.

This isn't really a hike, more of a nice nature walk but it's pretty and easy for the whole family.

nice easy trail I can take all my kids on. Also like the option to hit the Waterfall trail.

Nice easy hike with dogs

Another easy one. More of a nature walk than a hike. We combined it with the waterfall trail. Check out the other trails.

Boring

super easy and flat trail

nice short walk.

It's a short trail...but I like it. Done it a few times...

this is the trail that started it all. I was 5 when I first hiked this trail and today I ran the trail. Not to steep of inclines but good all around. I think I completed the 1.3 miles in 24 mins.. wish it would have been faster..

Nice easy trail for just about anyone looking for a nice nature walk.

Nice, easy, well maintained loop. Tends to be rather busy. Open to hikers only but dogs are allowed on a leash. Some petroglyphs can be found along the trail.

This is an easy flat trail. There are some interesting cacti "forests" and rock formations to look at.

I do these hikes with my kid. I had my two year old in her umbrella stroller. It was really rocky so I had to carry her (and the stroller) at times, so it was slow going. All in all I liked it.
The short loop is handicap accessable so if you're looking for easy stroller access you should try that one instead.
This trail was still family friendly. A 6 year could have done it with a few rests. It's a lot more private than the waterfall trail, which you still have access to on the long loop. There were nice veiws across the valley, and since the trail was so quiet we saw more wildlife. There's two spots to see petroglyphs. And though rocky, it wasn't very hilly.
A nice afternoon hike with the daughter.