Big Maggie May Trail

Big Maggie May Trail is a 9 mile trail located near Cave Creek, AZ and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

9.0 miles 600 feet

off road driving

did this trail about 3 years ago and I agree the sharp turn switchbacks are no joke. you need to articulate well here. it's very narrow and dues get your adrenaline going for sure. over all great trail, seeing the old cabin remains at end is cool too.

off road driving

I had an epic adventure going from I-17 and Bloody Basin Rd., to Sheep Bridge for camping, Big Maggie May trail, seven springs, and eventually through Carefree.

Regarding the Maggie May trail, I followed the gps coordinates provided by "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails"

Just before waypoint 4 there are two narrow, tippy ledges. Do not take my words lightly, this part was scary as shit in my Tundra. I mention this because maybe something with a smaller footprint would have a different view. You can't turn around at this point and when you get to WP4 you have to come back and cross them again!!!
Observe your obstacle and think a minute before you take them on!

Overall an easy/medium trail with a few rocky hills and the two ledges. If you do the same journey I mentioned in this review you will be amazed with the variety of scenic views and terrain.

Rock crawlers come for the scenery. It will not be a challenge, although you will get your chances to play!

Awesome experience!

off road driving

A fun and nice long trail that goes on for miles! There are a couple wash water areas, which were fun going through. Was hoping for more water and or muddy areas, especially with the amount of rain our last monsoon produced. Overall, four out of five.

The temperature from the city was 102 and on this Big Maggie May trail, it dropped down to 79 degrees!

off road driving

This is the first trail I drove on when I first purchased my FJ. This trail leads to others and when on it, watch out for idiots who think it's ok to set up a shooting target across the trail which you are driving on.