Benham National Recreation Trail

Benham National Recreation Trail is a 3.8 mile out and back trail located near Williams, AZ that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Beautiful trail and the wildlife made it even better. I wish I would have recorded the trail because it is definitely more than 400 and some feet of elevation gain...

Trail was in good shape. Comfort station at the trailhead was very clean. Evidence of recent horse activity on the trail going down. My only gripe (and it has nothing to do with the trail itself) was an inconsiderate young couple had been walking with their PitBull mix of a dog and it was running loose. It did charge up to me; but, I saw it coming and was prepared for it. It only takes one person to ruin it for the rest of us pet owners.

This trail was lovely. I was trying to find Bill Williams and just went around in circles because I didn't have this app. And before you start laughing, which I would do also, I want to let you know i haven't been hiking alone in Arizona before and have not worked out since last summer when I lived in Tahoe. So anyhow, I parked the car and kept going. Now, I went past the 3.8 mile marker and went all the way to the antennas and satellite dishes. The views are breathtaking. You can literally see the south rim from the top. Amazing. I also ran about 20% uphill and 80% downhill because I started this at 5pm and didn't want to end up there all alone after darkness. Totally recommend. The soreness can attest to how much I enjoyed this trail.

Beautiful trail.