Bell Rock Pathway

Bell Rock Pathway is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Directions from the South Gateway Visitor Center: Go 1 mile north to Bell Rock parking area on your right. This takes you to the south trailhead.

Relatively flat and easy hike. Very crowded parking area. I recommend doing the big loop going around Bell Rock and the Butte, rather than trying to battle the crowds on Bell Rock

Did this hike early October, and it was beautiful. About halfway around the rock, you can start a climb and pick your own path to get to the top. Most of the rock is very smooth, so pick a solid route and have a great climb!

Beautiful hike with an optional rock scramble near the end.

A nice short trail, you can hike around the mountain or get almost to the very top. I took me and and hour and a half to the top from the parking lot and back. And I stopped at the top for 30 minutes for photos. I recommend this trail but it can easily become overcrowded.

great trail for running. only a couple of very short sections that are too rocky to run. spectacular views in all directions the entire loop. I do this loop every time I visit Sedona.

Beautiful!

I love this trail. It's very easy to go off and climb Bell Rock off around the side without a trail.
It gets crowded on the main trail so go early. We went around 8am on a Sunday and it was pretty empty. By about 10:30 when we left it was getting crowded.

Decent trails. Crowded and lots of mountain bikers.

Spectacular scenery but crowded. Would recommend finding other hikes in the area to hike.

easy and beautiful

Beautiful scenery but I ran out of time to climb Bell Rock.

Love this hike. I've walked around this trail and climbed up several times. I only made it half way up because we had a baby in tow, but my husband and some of my family climbed up as far as they could go and loved the views and challenge. The only negative is that there is no shade and it is not climbable in the heat of the summer in my opinion.

very pretty. trail around the actual rock is not really marked. Most people just free climb up the face of the rock. Got lost once venturing off the trail. Very hot no shade on this hike.