Bear Mountain Trail

Bear Mountain Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1800ft of elevation amazing veiws

Love the hike and views are Amaizing!

Difficult but doable, had my 2yr old strapped to by back and still made it.

This Is one of the best and challenging hike I have done. Plenty of spots to take great photos also try to fallow the white spots I got lost for a minute since I miss some of them but got back in trail and made it to the top. I recommend this hike bring plenty of water and snacks. Also don't expect nothing else then "End of trail " when you get to the top. Lol

Wow! Definitely strenuous but so worth the effort. You really do need to watch your white trail markers as we did mistakenly take a wrong turn at one point. We realized after a bit we were not on the trail and made our way back down where with the help of another hiker we picked up the correct trail. No problems after that. It's hard but doable and worth it for the views!

Outstanding! Not nearly as daunting as described here. A few "hard" spots, but mostly moderate for this 68 yr old Alaskan female! Many easy areas to recover from the steep and even a couple of short downhills! Happy I had my poles and starting at 8 AM allowed me to be alone all the way to the summit. If you're a serious hiker, this is very enjoyable.

From our standpoint, "strenuous" was a cruel understatement. The views were incredible, and worth the exertion, but Bear Mountain is no leisurely stroll through Red Rocks. The entire ascent is stair stepped up the rocky incline. Virtually no flat trails on the entire approach. Upon completing the first challenging trek, we were completely psyched out realizing that we weren't even halfway there. All totaled, we took a full five hours to complete, but the accomplishment and scenery were well worth it! (As a qualifier, we are avid hikers, and have completed a 14'er in Colorado - Quandary Peak - so use that as a reference for difficulty)