Bear Mountain Trail

Bear Mountain Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great scenic hike!

I'm relatively young and in decent shape and this took me 2.5 hours RT so not that tough imo. Granted I was alone and so I could set my own pace and go fast. Going down was tricky, take care to avoid slipping on sandy rocks. I don't have hiking poles but did come to think that they'd have been helpful here. Note that the Bear MT trailhead is across the street from the parking lot.

Such an amazing time on this mountain!! There is definitely a false summit, so be prepared to go further than you actually think. Took us about 4-5 hours to complete. Because it was snowing, much of the trail for the second half to the peak was covered and we had to guess where the trail would be. We had a lot of fun though and there were many beautiful overlooks and waterfalls!

Having previously hiked Pikes Peak and multiple surrounding areas as well as trails in Estes Park in Colorado, I found this to be a difficult trail. It is stair steps much of the way. The painted arrows were very helpful in staying on trail but beware the cairns that are NOT part of the trail. We got off trail a couple times but the stunning views were worth it. We did not make it all the way up due to packed ice on the trail near the top. Many others turned around as well (late January hike).
The views were stunning with snow caps, red rock, spires, arches, and deep canyons. Foot traffic was moderate and included dogs, very young and older hikers, as well as Runners.
I would definitely do this trail again but make no mistake, it was not easy. Of note, it was interesting to see the tour helicopters flying WAY below you.

strenuous but worth it! Couldn't get up the last .2 because there was too much snow and couldn't find the trail, but was still beautiful despite cloudy weather. will be back in warmer weather to hike the whole thing!

1800ft of elevation amazing veiws

Love the hike and views are Amaizing!

Difficult but doable, had my 2yr old strapped to by back and still made it.