Bear Canyon Trail

Bear Canyon Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Lemmon, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy Hike Next To The Catalina HWY If your looking for an easy hike that affords you with beautiful scenery, but don't want the hard work of getting there, then this one's for you. I actually stumbled upon this area by accident one day while awaiting the construction road block to open. I was waiting for nearly an hour and finally got out and just started walking. Before I knew it I was completely surrounded by the sights and sounds of a majestic creek, tall trees and huge boulders, all the while only being a short distance from the road. I started the hike from the location I pointed out on the map, but that was due to the road block. You can actually access this creek from almost anywhere along the Catalina HWY near the Bear Canyon Picnic Area. If there has been rainfall or snow melting, prepare to get your feet wet. Other than that, virtually any age group can enjoy this one, as evidence by the numerous people who followed me in to the creek. The best starting point however, is the picnic area.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!