Badger Springs Wash Trail

Badger Springs Wash Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mayer, AZ that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

is a beautiful hike just outside of phx that is about 70% rockhopping, the rest sand and water. The trail can be extended past the petroglyphs by bushwhacking another 3/4 of a mile. One is treated with numerous rock formations and small cascades when you do. The trail is sandy for many segments with uneven surfaces. Wet feet are common during the winter, spring, and after rain events. Beware of summer monsoons which may produce flash flooding in the area. If you are caught in a monsoon event, get to higher ground immediately.

Started out easy with sandy soil then gradually turned into large rocks to climb around. Was pretty dry when we went. Some pools of water but no running water. Very nice views.

Nice little hike to take my 3 year old on her first "adventure," didn't find a waterfall tho...

Happy (the dog) and I love, love, LOVE this trail, probably our favorite in all of Arizona. We seldom see any people, those we do run across occasionally are totally cool with Happy off leash. It's an easy sand walk on the trail, but if you do want some good up-and-down exercise, you can crawl all over the rocks in the gorgeous river canyon. Don't be surprised if you hike all morning and your tracking devices show you walked a half-mile and burned 17 calories, your standard phone GPS will likely drop out halfway up the trail. If a point is, leave your devices at home, and look up!! This is one fabulous walk, enjoy it!

Beautiful scenery! The trail is also so remote that you can't hear the noise of the highway and isn't crowded. The hike itself is short and very easy but the view at the trail end was amazing!

Did the hike to the trails end and then bushwhacked on down the river for another 3/4 of a mile till I hit heavy brush along the banks. A lot of the scenic area is just beginning beyond the end of the trail. It requires some bouldering but is well worth it. Their were several small cascades and nice rock formations past the end of the trail. Nice hike, just to short.

Nice hike. I went in October with my dog. It is a beautiful hike but there are terrible bushes that shed horrible spiney burrs that were stuck all over him. they burrow deep in the fur, hard to remove if you don't catch them right away. Very muddy water but he loved it. I will do it again but not with the dog. Not worth the burrs.

Great hiking area, not far off I17 so easy to get to. Got to the parking lot in my car. about a mile down to where it forks off, at the fork there are petroglyphs to the left. We hiked along the river bed going to the right and came across some small water holes (I'm guessing its much better in the spring), a snake that even though I came within 2 feet of was not interested in us and a skunk (luckily he ran off). I think there might be more water if we had of gone to the left on the fork but have to explore that another day. Temps were still good when we got done around 10:30 AM, seems to be around 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix. Beautiful area!

Out and back trail that provides almost endless possibilities to wander off the beaten path to explore. I took my lab out with me and we spent the entire day finding swimming holes.

A must do hike and it's right off of I-17. We have driven past this a bunch of times and never would imagine the beauty that is on this trail. Cold water, waterfalls and petroglyphs along with the desert backdrop make this a fantastic place. It's an easy hike. The only tough part is Boulder hopping should you choose to do so, and it's not bad at all.

This is not a difficult hike. My family of four including a 6 and 11 year old, completed it quite easily. Bring plenty of water. There were butterflies everywhere. Cool water, wonderful scenery and petroglyphs make for a great Arizona hike.

At the terminus of the trail, where it meets the Agua Fria River, there's an amazing panel of petroglyphs to your left. From there, you can continue south or east along the Agua Fria. Depending on the water level, you can make it pretty far along the river, but there will be some boulder-hopping involved. There are quite a few other petroglyph sites within the Agua Fria National Monument, as well as the ruins of Native American buildings. I found a great map and description of the various archeological sites at the link I've attached below. Remember: Archeological sites are fragile, and you shouldn't touch, disturb, or take anything from the site. http://www.archaeologysouthwest.org/pdf/perry_mesa_overview_scott_wood.pdf

Nice trail for a short hike or bike ride. I parked right off the exit from 17, which made for a bit longer bike ride through some nice desert scenery. Watch for the petroglyphs!

Nice quiet trail that is only a short drive from Phoenix.

Perfect spot for a day trip!! Only like a 45min. drive out of Phoenix and complete with nice cold water!