Aravaipa Canyon Trail

Aravaipa Canyon Trail is a 21.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Manuel, AZ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy hike but you will cross the little stream many times so choose your footwear accordingly.

Definitely spend the night and give yourself time to relax in the cool refreshing water.

A permit is required for access to the canyon, and you will be entering the creek multiple times, so wear appropriate shoes. It gets colder in the canyon than the forecast for local towns, so plan accordingly. The canyon gets increasingly beautiful the further you hike, so I would recommend a 3-day backpacking trip. On day 1, hike in about 7 miles and set up camp. On day 2, leave your camp up and grab some snacks and a water filter for a day hike to the end of the canyon and back (8 miles). On the day 3, break down camp and head back out.

I'm torn - do I be honest and leave a positive review, or do I lie and save this gem for myself? Okay, I'll stick with honesty: This spot is awesome. You'll be walking through the river several times, so bring appropriate shoes.

We only went in about 2.39 miles. We saw lots of animal tracks, blue heron and a huge white tail hawk. Super rocky, muddy water but what views! Like to explore again. Hot this time in August, so the water was cooling.

Great place to see lots of wildlife up close.

One of my favorite hikes

Beautiful area tucked away from everything! We were there on one of those lucky days when it was raining so the canyon was full and the waterfalls were all flowing. Great place fairly close to Phoenix, super backpacking and camping, we will be going back. The sign says they don't allow dogs kind of a bummer.

Wonderful adventure! Do it! Bighorn sheep, natural pools, great canyon scenery.

Wonderful trail trough wilderness area. Encountered large herd of bighorn sheep, watching them climb an impossible cliff with ease? Out of the way location for te real adventurer.