Airport Loop Trail

Airport Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, AZ that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

enjoyable. east side of trail had areas of smooth, sloping stones near the edge which may be unsuitable for young children or people with fear of heights.

Panoramic views throughout the Airport Loop hike. I think it should be moderate; some places are very dicey and my gps put it at 5.0 miles, not 3.2! It certainly felt like 5 vs 3!

beautiful at sunset!

Great first time hike in Sedona. Breath taking views. Definitely needed more water...

The 3.2 mile hike should not be rated easy. The first half is quite difficult, trail extremely narrow in many spots with straight dropoff to your left. Once you make it to the second half it could be considered easy.

Loved the variety of terrain, scenery and elevation.

It seemed a lot longer than 3 miles. beautiful views. I would definitely recommend after stopping by the vortex areas.

This was a great and beautiful hike BUT it is not easy at some points because of the amount that is uphill. Once on the trail there is no shortcut or exit to get off the trail. According to our Fitbits it was roughly 12,000 steps which should convert to 6 miles but everything says this trail is only 3.5. I would do it again if I was better prepared.

Great place to view the sunset, but can get crowded. Very easy hike, even in the dark.

Scenic area. Can get busy.

Harder than we thought due to the narrow path. Have to go a bit slow in the beginning (counterclockwise) due to the unsteady footing. Beautiful views!

I did this one clockwise because the tail end is a bit shadier and I prefer to get the full sun part out of the way first. The views are stunning and it's definitely worth doing. I do think it's a tad more difficult than the 'easy' rating, but not quite moderate. Took me not quite 2.5 hours, though I did stop a lot to enjoy the views. The rocks and the narrow trail just means you have to take it a bit more slowly to ensure safety. I did this at 8am on an August morning and it was HOT! Encountered a few people who did not bring enough water, so definitely prepare for that.

Did this counter clockwise, definitely think that was easier, just less shade towards the end.

Easy trail. Panoramic views.