Airport Loop Trail

Airport Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, AZ that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did this one clockwise because the tail end is a bit shadier and I prefer to get the full sun part out of the way first. The views are stunning and it's definitely worth doing. I do think it's a tad more difficult than the 'easy' rating, but not quite moderate. Took me not quite 2.5 hours, though I did stop a lot to enjoy the views. The rocks and the narrow trail just means you have to take it a bit more slowly to ensure safety. I did this at 8am on an August morning and it was HOT! Encountered a few people who did not bring enough water, so definitely prepare for that.

Did this counter clockwise, definitely think that was easier, just less shade towards the end.

Easy trail. Panoramic views.

Panoramic views and a nice hike.

This is a very nice hike. however, ID you have weak ankles this could be difficult for you as this trail is very rocky. For an avid biker like me though this trail was very enjoyable.

I LOVE this trail. You can park halfway up the road (if there's a spot - there are only a few) and it's a simple hike up to the top where the spectacular views are. Or you can drive to the top where the airport parking lot is and have a nice hike down to the bottom of where you head up to where the views are. The views of West Sedona on the way down from the top lot are worth the longer hike in my opinion. Good for all ages and definitely don't forget your camera!!

This path is unsteady and you will have to watch your footing. Stay on the trail it's easy to mistake the horse trail for the footpath.

Excellent first time trail in Sedona.....enough to get acclimated to the region. Great views of the valley!

Nice hike, weather was about 53 degrees which made enjoyable.

Incredible! Meditation with cousin for over an over laying on rocks! Most impeccable peaceful moment ever!

Pretty easy loop. Cool view at the top, but many more trails I found to be much better than this one. Altho this is one of the 4 main vortexes, so I had to check it out!

Beautiful hike. The panoramic views were spectacular and parts of the hike were still and a perfect chance for meditation. We went on a Monday morning around 7:30 am and only one parking spot was left. I would go earlier next time to hike by 6:30 am before the heat kicks in. We were lucky a cloud cover moved in.

easy hike, went there for the vortex trees.

Had a great experience when a USAF C 17 flew over us, what a great experience for me and the kids.