Winner Creek Trail

Winner Creek Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Girdwood, AK that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

This was my favorite hike in big, beautiful Alaska, which has many amazing hikes. My journey took me from Seward through Fairbanks, which included beautiful Denali. If you love thick, green rain forests like I do, you'll definitely love this trail! I know I did! The hand tram across the gorge is a very nice added bonus as well!

Great trail, very easy, no real big hills. Great for all ages. The trail starts behind Alyeska Resort right near the tram / ski lift. My wife and I checked in at the concierge desk and got a map and they informed us of a few closed trails so just fyi. There's a boardwalk for maybe .50 mile and the rest of the trail is very well maintained. The hand tram is about 2.5 miles from the start point. If your doing it by yourself, your going to get a workout. Lucky today there was 2 big groups on either end helping everyone across. 5 miles total. Definitely one of my favorite trails

great hike, the day was rainy so some of the trail was slippery. Beautiful

I was decently surprised by this hike! It's elevation isn't much but the hike through the forrest is stunning. It's close to Alyeska Resort and pretty easy so it's decently trafficked but this hike still manages to make you forget that you're within a 10 minute drive of Girdwood and not out in the middle of nowhere. The waterfall cascade is beautiful and powerful. The hand tram across the river is exhilarating and exhausting. I loved this hike!

Definitely an easy trail perfect for those who may not have the abilities to do elevations or uneven surfaces. Lots of blue berries along the way especially in the beginning.

Nice hike

Good easy hike. Saw many families along the way. It was pretty busy when we were there over the July 4 holiday weekend.

My fiancé proposed to me on this trail so it will always have a special place in my heart. The trail is beautiful & fun with a bridge to cross & the option of going on the hand tram. One of my favorite Alaska hikes.

Easy hike with plenty of rewards. Lots of tree coverage with awesome views of the beautiful blue rushing waters. The very wide and well maintained trail caters to those looking for an easier day hike. The many bridges and side trails allow exploring near the waters edge where you can really feel the waters force but the path is clear. No getting lost on this trail! The hand tram is such a cool idea and really adds a unique twist to an already great hike. Loved it!

A really lovely little hike. Great for all ages, saw lots of kids on the trail so good for families. Taking the hand tram is a must!

I did this in March and almost killed my OOT visitors. Definitely not recommended when there is ice at the gorge area, and wear some kind of spikage in your footwear when there is snow and ice. In the spring and summer, it's glorious. The hand tram is your bonus.

Fairly easy trail, lots of tree covering. Kid friendly. Beautiful views of the creek. Tram ride is neat.

Very easy going hike with lots of tree cover and plenty of people also exploring. The hand tram was however closed today. Some parts are muddy.

Great hike. Pretty easy, reminds me of Oregon. Downside was the hand tram was closed which was why we did the trail. :( A little muddy right now but alright.

The trail itself is easy and easy path especially with children. Clean nice wood bridges etc. The most exciting part is the hand pull tram that fits two people. Needs some muscle but it's amazing views of the river below and mountains around. Highly trafficked so there is a wait for the tram at times. Easy access from Alyeska.

Great hike and awesome pictures for the wall.