Slaughter Gultch Via Juneau Trail

Slaughter Gultch Via Juneau Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cooper Landing, AK that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Great trail with great views. I would rate the first part of the hike to the memorial as moderate. The second part to the top as moderate to difficult.

57 year long Alaskan, and finally got to hike this trail. Very good, but would consider moderate to difficult. The first summit is nice but there is a second and 3rd summit that will take you south west along the ridge top. Several very steep places along the way to the 2nd summit. Beautiful views. Be careful on the way down. Don't recommend hiking in tennis shoes on this trail, although I saw several people in them.

Slaughter was a great hike! It's easy to get to but not so easy to find. The trail starts through forrest without any view, but with beautiful trees and a crystal clear creek. After clearing the trees, it's almost directly vertical and up rocks-not for the scared of heights or out of shape. The ascent is 1500 ft in the first 1.3 milea but the reward is beautiful. I could've sat up there for hours!

Great view at the top ! The best hike in Cooper landing!

Great hike for berries. Blueberries, currents, and watermelon berries. Steeper than we thought it was going to be but still ok for my 5 year old. We found the trailhead at the end of Stetson Circle.

This was definitely a fun hike. Steep in some parts of hike. We did have to stop to catch our breath but the views or the Kenai Lake and River were great. I would definitely do this hike again!

excellent. steep hike. start at end of Stetson circle.

One of the best views in Cooper Landing. I feel like this should be classified as moderate to difficult. Definitely not easy. I went with three very in shape girls and we all needed breaks to catch our breath. But as always, the view of the Kenai River was breathtaking itself and worth every climb.

One of my favorite hikes. Amazing views of Kenai Lake and Kenai River

Get up and see the beautiful views of the lake and river. Enjoy a real Alaskan hike. Not for the inexpierienced.

It's one of my favorite ones.

Slaughter gulch is a beutiful hike steep with sharp rocks with a few awesome camp spots. I hiked to the summit in about an hour. Breath taking vew at the top.