O'Malley Peak Trail

O'Malley Peak Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, AK and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until October.

A lot of scree. Wish my boots had better grip. Beautiful views of city

i made it to the saddle and back. i would rate the trail as difficult too.

I think this should be labeled as difficult. Certain points were difficult to get up. It will definitely wear you out. Amazing views and lakes along the way.

This was a great hike, a lot of great views. I was going to follow the main trail map, but when I got to the little lake before hiking up to the peak I went around to the left of the lake and hiked up a ridge. when I hiked down following the map, it's a lot of loose rocks but it's easier than climbing a bunch of jagged rocks.

Great hike. Challenging at times due to loose rock terrain toward the peak. Other than that, it's a blast to hike. Gorgeous views at the summit. Probably one of my favorite hikes in the Anchorage bowl. Took me about 4 hours from the parking lot to the summit and back to complete.

Awesome run. I will be back for sure

Very enjoyable hike hard at times yet relaxing at others.

Beautiful hike with great views of the Cook Inlet and valleys. The trail is really well kept, however once the ascending begins, there is a lot of loose gravel on the path, so we kind of went off path and depended on the plants that were along the way to get up and down the peak safely.

My absolute favorite hike around Anchorage. I hike it every summer. Highly recommend it.

Fantastic Hike, Went from Glen Alps Trailhead up the saddle to Little O'malley. Crossed the ball field then up the saddle between false peak and the beginning of the Ridge to O'Malley Peak. Made a loop out of it by descending to hidden lakes essentially straight down from the summit of O'Malley, then back out via Hidden Lakes Trail and Powerline Pass.

Great Hike! We started at little O'malley and did the ridge line up to O'malley. Pretty easy overall but we decided to take the hard way and go straight up on a less used trail. On our way to O'malley we crossed over "False Peak" and we noticed some stakes in the rock. I think it said "MDK" in the middle and some inspirational quote around the edges. I can't remember what they said and o want to know what they are for! I've been searching the Internet for hours and I still have no idea! If you know more about the stakes please let me know!

My favorite hike in the anchorage area. I took the Northwest Ridge up to the summit. It is a fairly strenuous hike due to the rapid elevation gain and scrambles over scree and jagged false peaks. There were a lot of people on the trail, most of which dropped out before making the NW Ridge. As far as I could tell, I was one of only six to summit that day. The views are spectacular and easily justify the effort. O'Malley gives you a stunning view of 1) the Cook Inlet and valley below, and 2) the endless peaks that make up the Chugach Range.

My favorite peak in the Front Range. It looks scarier than it actually is, with a long run or hike up to the Ballfields, and then a tough scree climb to get to the back side. This is, of course, followed by an endless series of false peaks to get to the actual peak, but the views are so worth it!