Mount Roberts to Tramway Trail

Mount Roberts to Tramway Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Juneau, AK that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked to the tram and back. It had been raining ever so slightly that morning, but we decided to hike it anyway. About a quarter of the way up it got suddenly nasty. We kept climbing, convincing ourselves we would simply take the tram back down from the top. After a grueling, cold, and VERY wet hike up the mountain, we find the tram has closed early due to inclement weather! We were already soaked to the bone, but had to other option--we set off back down the hill. Although we were dripping from every square inch of our persons, the hike was a fun experience none the less! I believe it would have been even better experiencing the hike on a dry, sunny afternoon!

A bit slushy but a good trail, especially if you continue past the tram to Gastineau Peak (2 more miles) or Mt. Roberts (3 more miles). Epic views of the Chanel, lots of wildlife. Snow patches even in August but the trail was clear of snow.

A great alternative to paying the $30+ for the round trip tram ticket. Be prepared for uphill. Went in mid July and there was not much mud on the trail. Spend $10 in the gift shop to get a ride down on the tram!

Pretty awesome, good uphill, lots of flies.

Fun stormy rainy day! The trail is steep (you are climbing a mountain, lol) and a bit muddy and slippery but overall not very difficult and a quick hike. Took me one hour and forty-five minutes.

This trail from the road to the tram doesn't offer much in terms of views and can be very muddy. Also I really don't know why AllTrails labels this easy (using the mobile app); I completed this 4 yrs ago and my memory is that the trail is always on a pretty steep incline. Once you reach the tram the trail opens up and flattens a bit afterwards. So you do get superb views of the channel and Douglas Island at that point.

This is a moderately steep and muddy trail from Basin Road up to the top of the Mt. Roberts tram. You can access the trail head off Basin Road just past the wooden bridge. There is an alternate trail head closer to downtown at the end of 6th Street. There are numerous signs that the 6th St. Trailhead is closed, but it gets plenty of use from the locals.
The trail winds up through heavy forest and looks to get plenty of use. I hiked it last on a bright sunny day and it was still very muddy and wet. This trail ends at the tram. The trail beyond the tram is much better. The views of town and the Gastineau Channel are spectacular. There are plenty of wild flowers. The trail continues on for many miles to Gold Ridge, Mt Robets, and beyond. You can ride the tram up or down for $10 each way to skip this trail and get right to the good stuff higher up.

Add on at least a mile if you walk to the trailhead from the town center, it's all uphill :) The hike up to the tram on the mt roberts trail was steady up, up, up - but totally doable - and the beautiful surroundings take your mind off of the burning in your thighs. Really a great little hike, I hear that lots of locals run or hike this after work, it's a really enjoyable workout i can see why. Was lucky enough to have beautiful, sunny, 70 degree weather. This hike is a must-do if you able-bodied. ..why take the tram when you can earn your way to the top!

The trail was fun! It was mildly raining when my Dad and I went, but I highly recommend it anytime. Once you get to the top, the view of Juneau is really quite spectacular and well worth the uphill climb. Cheers!

Once you've made it past the tram and the tourists, then the real trail begins. Starting with a winding path up to the cross, the trail is fairly easy. From there, it is a steady incline for another hour or so. But after that you reach a fairly flat summit with rolling green hills, and a fork in the trail that leads out to the snowy mountain next door.

Up to the tram, the trail is fairly repetitive, and up. Hiking through trees in juneau, is the same wherever you are, and this trail fits right in. So if you want to hike the Mt. Roberts trail, start at the tram and head up.

Great Hike! challenging and scenic, and it's great how when you get to the top you can get a beer and sandwich at the restaurant, then take the cable car down.

Mount Roberts Trail is over 2200 Miles long and I always get a chuckle of those who state they completed this trail. But it is the easiest trail I ever enjoyed. Starts at the cruise ship docks with a tram carrying you up the first part of mountain ending at a eagle rehab site. Interesting and beautifull view over looking Juneau and the Gastineau Channel. The trail really starts at that point and it is all upwards as far as went. A mile in a sign warned about continuing at your own risk. My brain interprets that as "keep going". We got above the tree line and looked down on beauty everywhere. Didn't have time to get to the snow line up higher, but made clear to my spouse "up there" is where I want my ashes placed! After taking it all in for a while it was time to return to beat sundown. Only regret was not seeing any wildlife. I would return in a heartbeat and time it to make the snowline. Just Awesome.

This is a nice, easy, short trail. The scenery is great - if the clouds clear. Remember that you're in a rain forest, and views are very variable. The tram ride to the top is nice. The only real drawback is that you are in a major cruise ship port. Expect crowds of (Eek!) tourists!